Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

further proof that Flacco simply lacks the drive to be an all time great:

Flacco has had 11 passes batted down in the first six games of the season, which are tied with Minnesota’s Kirk Cousins for most in the league [...] “That’s something that’s a problem, because those are opportunities,” coach John Harbaugh said. [...] We need to clean that up.”

"Those guys that are in front of him are pretty tall, too, but [6-feet] Drew Brees, I don’t think, has a batted pass yet this year [Brees has one], to make that contrast," Harbaugh said. "So it’s probably not as much about that as it is about other issues.

"It is what it is, and it’s something we’ll continue to pay attention to as the year goes on,” Flacco said. "There are some that you can’t prevent, but at the same time, you have to look at it for what it is. There has to be a reason behind it. We have to correct it.”

so basically Harbaugh is calling Flacco out for giving lazy effort or whatever causes those insane deflection numbers. of course, he does it as he always does, in his best portrayal of a politician, not to anger his starting QB.

that guy then has nothing better to say about it but that the team needs to correct it. god forbid the highest paid player on the team who actually throws those poor balls checks on himself and puts himself first to blame.

i hope LJ is ready to take over next season and Flacco gets dealt to a sh*thole like Tampa Bay. actually that city would probably suit him quite well as he already has the mindset of an early retiree.

26 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

so basically Harbaugh is calling Flacco out for giving lazy effort or whatever causes those insane deflection numbers. of course, he does it as he always does, in his best portrayal of a politician, not to anger his starting QB.

that guy then has nothing better to say about it but that the team needs to correct it. god forbid the highest paid player on the team who actually throws those poor balls checks on himself and puts himself first to blame.

i hope LJ is ready to take over next season and Flacco gets dealt to a sh*thole like Tampa Bay. actually that city would probably suit him quite well as he already has the mindset of an early retiree.

your that excited to enter the QB carousel years like we had in 2001-2007?  Because thats what is going to happen if/when jackson is the starter. And Jamison has been joke ever since he left the sun. There was nothing in there that said he was reluctant. I

PS Ill leave this here. Looks whos #8 on that list.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2801453-nfl-mvp-odds-2018-drew-brees-jared-goff-todd-gurley-tom-brady-favorites

Edited by paraven

11 minutes ago, paraven said:

your that excited to enter the QB carousel years like we had in 2001-2007?  Because thats what is going to happen if/when jackson is the starter. And Jamison has been joke ever since he left the sun. There was nothing in there that said he was reluctant.

i am just sick of watching the highest paid guy having the dullest 9-5 mentality of anybody on the squad really.

we'll see if LJ ever amounts to anything and please tell me what exactly Hensley has to do with anything said by JH or JF? right, nothing.

don't get me wrong i'll be cheering for Flacco all year to be as good as can be and get us to the superb owl but he is just so damn sickening. a leader of this team he is not and never was.

35 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

I find it disheartening that Flacco doesn't know the cause behind it (him staring down his targets). Guys like Brees and Russell Wilson seemingly don't have issues with passes being batted down, but 6'6 Joe Flacco does? Yeah, that's definitely a YOU problem, Joe.

I'm not eager to start LJ, but I am eager to move on from Flacco.

Every time there is a QB stat that suits your narrative, you isolate that one and blames Flacco. Its trivial and its annoying and it is stupid.

Flacco has batted balls because he makes bad decisions, he has batted balls solely because of great play by defensive linemen and he has batted balls because our oline doesn't stay engaged on their direct opponent. Stop making this into an issue it is not.

And the constant guessing about his work ethic/9-5 attitude is more stupid than annoying. You know nothing, NOTHING, so stop acting like it. You have absolutely no idea of how Flacco or anyone else works in that building. Heck, some of those who stay long hours might not even work very effective, while others who spend less time watching tape might do it more effective, just like any other workplace.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danand said:

Every time there is a QB stat that suits your narrative, you isolate that one and blames Flacco. Its trivial and its annoying and it is stupid.

Flacco has batted balls because he makes bad decisions, he has batted balls solely because of great play by defensive linemen and he has batted balls because our oline doesn't stay engaged on their direct opponent. Stop making this into an issue it is not.

And the constant guessing about his work ethic/9-5 attitude is more stupid than annoying. You know nothing, NOTHING, so stop acting like it. You have absolutely no idea of how Flacco or anyone else works in that building. Heck, some of those who stay long hours might not even work very effective, while others who spend less time watching tape might do it more effective, just like any other workplace.

Of course. My bad. Nothing is ever Flacco's fault. How could I forget rule #1.

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Of course. My bad. Nothing is ever Flacco's fault. How could I forget rule #1.

Well, then tell me how you know how much Flacco works during a day. Tell me how you know he doesn't really care? Where does this insight you have come from?

23 minutes ago, Danand said:

Well, then tell me how you know how much Flacco works during a day. Tell me how you know he doesn't really care? Where does this insight you have come from?

You're mistaking my criticism here.

I'm not saying he doesn't work. I'm not saying he doesn't care. I'm saying whatever he's doing, it's not translating to the field. If he's working hard, it's not translating. If he cares, it's not translating - and this is specifically in regards to batted passes, by the way.

But on the flip side, prove to me he's working on correcting this issue. You can't, just as I can't prove to you that he's not. All I have are the results on the field that lead to conjecture and speculation.

wowzers. someones got a Flacco jersey in his closet i guess xD

for real though, its astonishing how sensitive people get when someone dares to point to obvious issues with players and follow up with actung as if they know more than the people the call out to know nothing.

arm chair coaches. we all are. nobody knows anything definite so pls stop calling people out for trying to discuss on an internet forum.

Its not about being sensitive, its about being tired of the same lame accusations of Flacco neither caring, nor working. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I find it disheartening that Flacco doesn't know the cause behind it (him staring down his targets). Guys like Brees and Russell Wilson seemingly don't have issues with passes being batted down, but 6'6 Joe Flacco does? Yeah, that's definitely a YOU problem, Joe.

I'm not eager to start LJ, but I am eager to move on from Flacco.

There’s some negative selection there. Guys like Brees and Wilson have coaches that avoid them ever being in situations to have batted balls because it’s such a concern. A big strong guy like Flacco is allowed to step up in the pocket and fire off balls with guys in his face because he can get a lot of those passes off. 

Also, maybe he does know why they’re getting batted. What good would come from him saying “my OL shouldn’t be getting pushed back into my face?”

19 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

There’s some negative selection there. Guys like Brees and Wilson have coaches that avoid them ever being in situations to have batted balls because it’s such a concern. A big strong guy like Flacco is allowed to step up in the pocket and fire off balls with guys in his face because he can get a lot of those passes off. 

Also, maybe he does know why they’re getting batted. What good would come from him saying “my OL shouldn’t be getting pushed back into my face?”

Why would he blatantly lie like that though?