Week 10 GDT

N4L

7 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Lol, no one says that. 

The big knock on the Chargers by everyone has been their quality of wins. Which is funny, when people talked about the Browns and Seahawks being tough games for the Chargers. But once we won, those games suddenly didn't matter. 

You bastards have made me look stupid picking you so many times to go to the super bowl. I’m not failing for it again.

9 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Read that closely... The Browns...

I have, quite literally, not heard anyone knocking the Chargers. All I've heard from the media is that the Chargers are going to win the AFC whether as a Wild Card or as the West Champions. I've yet to hear a single outlet predict anything less as of this week.

The same Browns that up to that point had been in every game and had just beaten Baltimore at home. The Chargers didn't just win, they demolish them which no one on the Browns schedule had done till then. 

And your second point is BS. 

Go look at the midseason picks for the Super Bowl. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983396/article/super-bowl-liii-predictions-rams-have-midseason-momentum

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-midseason-awards-super-bowl-picks-patrick-mahomes-almost-unanimous-mvp-saquon-barkley-roy/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/07/nfl-midseason-predictions-2018-playoff-super-bowl-champion-awards

Barely any media analysts are picking the Chargers to win the division, let alone the Super Bowl. 

2 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Lol, no one says that. 

The big knock on the Chargers by everyone has been their quality of wins. Which is funny, when people talked about the Browns and Seahawks being tough games for the Chargers. But once we won, those games suddenly didn't matter. 

Chargers are playing a crap stadium with virtually no home field advantage, have already played over half their away games, and are missing their best player. And theyre still 7-2. Give respect where it's due.

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Is Derwin James the next great safety out of the state of Florida? Is he the next Sean taylor/Ed? 

I think he's athletically-comparable (or close enough if you factor in the kind of BMI he's trotting around compared to the other two), but he's a different type of player than those two.  Honestly, I think he's far more comparable to a bigger (arguably more athletic) Polamalu.

2 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Chargers are playing a crap stadium with virtually no home field advantage, have already played over half their away games, and are missing their best player. And theyre still 7-2. Give respect where it's due.

Nah. At the end of the day that franchise is cursed. And what could go

wrong will go wrong. It’s like if that team was built in a Indian burial site like the Dolphins stadium. 

Just now, The LBC said:

I think he's athletically-comparable (or close enough if you factor in the kind of BMI he's trotting around compared to the other two), but he's a different type of player than those two.  Honestly, I think he's far more comparable to a bigger (arguably more athletic) Polamalu.

That’ll be so sick. The NFL hasn’t really had an elite safety since Prime Ed... Never really thought ET was ever near the realm of ED/Troy. 

i love Derwin he looks special. Can’t believe he fell so far, dude was a top 4 Pick. 

14 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The same Browns that up to that point had been in every game and had just beaten Baltimore at home. The Chargers didn't just win, they demolish them which no one on the Browns schedule had done till then. 

And your second point is BS. 

Go look at the midseason picks for the Super Bowl. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000983396/article/super-bowl-liii-predictions-rams-have-midseason-momentum

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-midseason-awards-super-bowl-picks-patrick-mahomes-almost-unanimous-mvp-saquon-barkley-roy/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/07/nfl-midseason-predictions-2018-playoff-super-bowl-champion-awards

Barely any media analysts are picking the Chargers to win the division, let alone the Super Bowl. 

It's not my fault NFL Network doesn't link their segments to their website. Literally panelists on GMFB and GDM picked the Chargers with no real reason Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Morning. Not to mention the Chargers are the 5th most listed team on that very first link behind the two clear favorites in the NFC and then the Chiefs and Patriots. What have the Chargers done to distinguish themselves from the Texans or Steelers. I'm sorry I don't see the Chargers in the same league as the top 2 from the AFC yet there they are, picked to go to the Super Bowl in 6 out of 21 scenarios in the very first link you listed.

12 minutes ago, animaltested said:

This year Seattles loses have been by

This season really doing a number on my heart.

That sucks.

Reminds me of the Steelers 2009 season.    They went 9-7 and lost those 7 games by a combined 28 points.  5 of the 7 were lost by 3 points each.       I hated that season.

17 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

You play who you play. I give respect with that regard. I just don't see the difference between them and the 2016 Dolphins who made the post-season based on a cakewalk schedule. Yet people think they'll come out of the AFC? Over a Chiefs team that looks legendary and the Patriots? I just don't see it.

Archived