Week 11 GDT: GB @ Seattle TreeSloths

incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron isn't rare right now. He was rare.

He's also 34 and the highest paid player with a shelf life well below MMs.

That throw to Adams vs San Francisco to tie it and the one to Tonyan tonight is as rare as it freaking gets. Nothing's changed physical.

This is all fundamental and mental. That's 50/50 between coach and player to sharpen.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

So you're just OK holding on to Mac and watching that for the next 4 mediocre years?

I don't know what's crazier, the guys adamant anything that goes wrong is for firing Mac, or the guys that see Aaron is completely broken, but still want to hold on to Mac and somehow think things aren't going to be the same the next year, and the next....

It's bolder to trade Rodgers for an absolute haul and let MM build up a high 1st and QB for the next decade again ;)

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So you're just OK holding on to Mac and watching that for the next 4 mediocre years?

I don't know what's crazier, the guys adamant anything that goes wrong is for firing Mac, or the guys that see Aaron is completely broken, but still want to hold on to Mac and somehow think things aren't going to be the same the next year, and the next....

It's an extremely bad precedent to set. 

You fire McCarthy because Diva Rodgers wants him fired.  What happens the first time his new head coach yells at him?  Do you let Rodgers pick his new head coach? 

Do you actively support a player mutiny against their coach and think that's a good thing to allow?

If I'm the person in charge of firing McCarthy, I tell Rodgers he ain't getting his way because if Rodgers gets his way and McCarthy is fired, you've just emboldened a diva.  It took Gary Kubiak benching Peyton Manning to get Manning to win his second Super Bowl.  Peyton Manning certainly never won a Super Bowl with control of the offense.  Don't reference 2007.  His defense won him that Super Bowl. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

That throw to Adams vs San Francisco to tie it and the one to Tonyan tonight is as rare as it freaking gets. Nothing's changed physical.

This is all fundamental and mental. That's 50/50 between coach and player to sharpen.

Right, but the overall play for play isn't anywhere near rare.

Occasional rare throws combined with habitual misses evens out to average.

Archived