2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

I'm all in for David Irving if he's got his head on straight which is a major concern. Guy can rush the passer.

Graham is going to get a big pay day, so are Clark, Clowney and Lawrence. You can pretty much scratch them off of your list. 

The next tier could thrive in Pettine's defense however. We definitely need to get one of that next tier, but we also need to upgrade the inside pass rush. That more than anything is  QB killer. 

25 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I'm all in for David Irving if he's got his head on straight which is a major concern. Guy can rush the passer.

Graham is going to get a big pay day, so are Clark, Clowney and Lawrence. You can pretty much scratch them off of your list. 

The next tier could thrive in Pettine's defense however. We definitely need to get one of that next tier, but we also need to upgrade the inside pass rush. That more than anything is  QB killer. 

Thought I had read recently where he missed "multiple" drug tests and more or less stayed away from the Cowboy facilities.  Doesn't sound like he is doing well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Article/Exclusive-Checked-out-David-Irving-of-Cowboys-in-trouble-for-drug-test-failures-127685692/

41 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Gutey was willing to pay Mack to be the highest paid defensive player. I realize Mack is a different player/tier than much of those guys. I don't count on him landing one of those top tier guys but I don't think you can scratch players of the list anymore with Gutey running the show.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Add a veteran and a high draft pick, and I'm content.  Add a mid-round (2nd-5th) and I'm stoked with our group.

1.12, Perry, Za'Darius Smith/Shaq Barret, Fackrell, 3.12 and some depth players, with a strong interior is alright. 

Edited by JBURGE

in this defense I'm lumping Edge in with pass rushing DT

we don't need any extra edge guys if you have 1 guy who is a stud, one guy who is solid, and you have good interior rushers.  There's no reason edge has to be a prime pass rushing position in this scheme.

What this doesn't mean is Mike Daniels or Kenny Clark getting cleanup sacks late in the down.  The only valuable pass rushers are those that generate pressure immediately after the snap and disrupt the entire passing play.  Daniels and Clark are not that player.  They are bigs whose value comes from playing the run and being somewhat disruptive vs the pass once someone else causes initial pressure.

Akiem Hicks, Chris Jones, Jadaveon Clowney, aaron donald, etc.  those players count just as much as edge.

• Like 1

Defensive free agents to target:

EDGE: Flowers, Clowney, Graham, Barrett, Lawrence, Ford, Ansah, Clark, Z. Smith, P. Smith

IDL: Jarrett, Suh, Richardson, Wilkerson

LB: Hicks, Barr, Mosley, Williamson, 

S: Thomas, Amos, Collins, Harris, Mathieu, Joyner

There are some really, really really good options out there. Makese me definitely want to cut some fat from the roster to land 2 of these guys.

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

EDGE: Flowers, Clowney, Graham, Barrett, Lawrence, Ford, Ansah, Clark, Z. Smith, P. Smith

There are some really, really really good options out there. Makese me definitely want to cut some fat from the roster to land 2 of these guys.

Give me Breeland, an upper tier EDGE and S in FA, plus EDGE at 12 and a healthy King and sky is the limit for this defense. Very doable. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

There are some really, really really good options out there. Makes me definitely want to cut some fat from the roster to land 2 of these guys.

I thinned*  the herd a bit to save you some time.

*preliminary thinning based on price/production/ Tundrability

30 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Any ex titans, jaguars, Rams, Bills FAs on the offensive side of the ball?

Just trying to match up guys LaFleur and Hackett would want to bring on.

Looking down the list, it wouldn't shock me if one of these guys ended up in GB next year...

TJ Yeldon, RB, Jaguars
Tommy Bohanon, FB, Jaguars
Donte Moncrief, WR, Jaguars
Luke Stocker, TE, Titans
Rodger Saffold, OG, Rams
Quinton Spain, OG, Titans
Jordan Mills, OT, Bills

28 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I would like this guy, Mark Glowinski,  to come in. Former tackle, versatile, plays across the line. Played last season as RG for the Colts at a high level,  and look at that beard!!!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/1/3/18166057/film-room-colts-mark-glowinski-returned-to-form-against-the-titans

9567.png

Colts have 120 MILLION in cap space. They won't be letting anybody go who they want to keep and he should definitely be on the 'want to keep' list. 

And although it was only 1 game, he was a turnstile against Kansas City on Saturday. 

Edited by Golfman