2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Any interest? Kind of an EDGE/3-tech mix (6'4" 275) who's had decent production with Browns last 3 years (average about 4.5 sacks) and is only 25. In last year of his rookie deal (cap hit $2.1mil). Might be able to get him for a conditional day 3 pick. 

Will they take T-Will even up? Otherwise, probably not. I'd throw in Crosby too. Then go sign Cody Parkey for a song and have him kick a game winner against the Bears. 

Edited by Golfman

Ian Rapoport:

The Redskins are re-signing RB Adrian Peterson to a 2-year deal worth $8M, sources tell me and MikeGarafolo. His career resurgence continues in Washington.

The Colts agreed to terms with Pierre Desir on a 3-year deal worth $25M, source said. He gets $12M guaranteed.

Former Chargers’ WR Tyrell Williams intends to sign with the Oakland Raiders, per source.

Pro Bowl kicker Jason Myers intends to sign with the Seahawks, per league source. He returns to Seattle, who has its new standout kicker.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Any interest? Kind of an EDGE/3-tech mix (6'4" 275) who's had decent production with Browns last 3 years (average about 4.5 sacks) and is only 25. In last year of his rookie deal (cap hit $2.1mil). Might be able to get him for a conditional day 3 pick. 

No. The league needs to BOYCOTT any transactions with the Browns until they've burned thru their capital and draft pick cushion!
Enough of this CLE BLACK HOLE! :) Next up will be INDY - who's got a billion dollars to spend.....but CLE's first on the boycott list!

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordy Nelson has 10 red zone touchdown catches for us if he comes back.  I don't know why I'm the only person here who sees the value in Jordy Nelson being on this team in the red zone.  Like... Did you forget all the DOZENS of touchdowns Jordy had just by knowing where to go once the play breaks down and having Aaron's trust? 

That's one that I just don't understand.  Lose Jordy Nelson and Rodgers has his worst year in his CAREER in the red zone and nobody seems capable or willing to do the math. 

Jordy Nelson has SERIOUS value here in the red zone.  Maybe everyone just ignores me because of how much crap I talk about Rodgers, but if everyone could just ignore that for a minute and ask themselves whether or not it's true (regardless of whom it comes from), they'd probably answer honestly that Rodgers requires copious amounts of trust, ESPECIALLY in the red zone, and Jordy Nelson has that trust.

Jordy isn't going to steal time from MVS/ESB/Moore realistically and can only help this team. 

Jordy for cheap is a no brainer for me but it's never going to happen after letting him leave. Then again maybe he'll take that 2 mil or whatever it was lol

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Damn Cookie is still out there too. I'd love a reunion. Garbage TEs are getting 6m per though. He's earned at least 9.

Maybe he'd accept a "hometown discount" if we apologize profusely for screwing up and letting him go to begin with!
Probability? Nil. Outright begging may be necessary :)

Need to be in on Ogbah, that's exactly the type of way we need to bolster out the roster. Throw a 5th and see how they feel. Smith/Smith/Fackrell/Ogbah/Donnerson.  He's the type of power EDGE Pettine's wants (did his staff draft Ogbah??)

Having 4 top 75 picks and not needing a single EDGE would be huge. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

HUGE interest.  This guy is good

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Need to be in on Ogbah, that's exactly the type of way we need to bolster out the roster. Throw a 5th and see how they feel. Smith/Smith/Fackrell/Ogbah/Donnerson.  He's the type of power EDGE Pettine's wants (did his staff draft Ogbah??)

Drafted by Hue, but this was basically what I was thinking. 

Fits the athletic profile too: forty (4.63) 10-yard split (1.58), vertical jump (35.5 inches), and broad jump (121 inches). 

Edited by packfanfb

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think the Browns have any desire or willingness to move Ogbah.

EDIT: For the record, I think they're going to want more than what the Packers are willing to give up.  I'd anticipate they'd want an early Day 2 pick.