2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

23 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Have to think at this point the price on the remaining guys in free agency is going down, not up. Breeland, Wilkerson, Matthews and Cobb are still out there. I'd be interested in Wilkerson and Breeland, but our cap situation isn't great so might have a shot at one of them. 

I'm thinking if we bring one in we have to let one go. Like Breeland for T-Will. 

Hypothetically, if we had to choose without the release of any player, are we choosing Wilkerson or Breeland?

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Hypothetically, if we had to choose without the release of any player, are we choosing Wilkerson or Breeland?

Good question, but we only have 4 CBs that are reliable so I'd say Breeland. Really can't say for sure prior to the draft. Without Wilkerson I think we could still good OK at D-line. Especially with Z. Smith moving inside on pass rush situations. I'd say we need another CB, even if we bring Breeland back. 

20 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Gross... don’t mind Cobb walking but it would be weird if it’s with the Cowboys.

Ya totally. the only place worse would be in the division or the Pats.

Cobb officially leaving would make a WR pick in the first 4 picks likely for me. Deebo @ 44! 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Wilkerson. Not even close. We have a deep draft class along the DL this year and we need to be using picks at the Safety position. 

I'd rather Cobb go to New England than Dallas...

We don't play the Seahawks this year, so I don't care if Jordy goes there, and I'd wish him well as long as it's not against us or doesn't interfere with us. 

We do play the Cowboys next year, so it would be really interesting to play against Cobb. 

I've always been of the opinion that, even now, if Cobb played in a different scheme, with a different QB (Brady/Brees), he'd be a 120 reception for 11-12 yards per catch receiver. 

Cobb is absolutely an upgrade over Cole Beasley, and it's a shame people don't know that just because of the coach and QB he played for/with the past few seasons. 

That's not me saying I want to re-sign him.  I don't, specifically because I don't think he fits with Rodgers.  Cobb is a Godsend to any QB who excels at methodically marching up and down the field taking what the defense gives him instead of being a greedy selfish idiot who passes over countless open receivers trying to go deeper until he ends up scrambling and either taking a sack or throwing the ball out of bounds. 

That is, without a doubt, the single most important aspect over LaFleur's time here.  If he can get Rodgers to stop being that aforementioned idiot, he'll win a Super Bowl ring and have a street named after him in Green Bay.  If he doesn't, he'll have to try again with the next QB (if he doesn't get fired). 

Weird rant that started about Cobb and ended about Rodgers is over. 

If we keep all our signed free agents, we're going to have a billion compensatory picks in 2023.  Can you even get more than two third round picks in compensatory picks? 

Also, next offseason is going to be relatively easy for us as well. 

Mike Daniels, Bryan Bulaga, Kyler Fackrell, Blake Martinez and Dean Lowry are our only notable free agents next year. 

IDL at 12, OT of the future at 30, ILB at 44 and we're set.