2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

More on Jordy from a Schefter tweet:

'Former Packers’ WR Jordy Nelson is scheduled to visit the Seahawks on Tuesday, per source. They were interested in Nelson last year; GM John Schneider loves Nelson. Other interested teams at this point include: Patriots, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders.'

Davis and Gruden are being like little kids with a toy they’d discarded. Somebody else wants Jordy and now they want him back...

26 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we keep all our signed free agents, we're going to have a billion compensatory picks in 2023.  Can you even get more than two third round picks in compensatory picks? 

Also, next offseason is going to be relatively easy for us as well. 

Mike Daniels, Bryan Bulaga, Kyler Fackrell, Blake Martinez and Dean Lowry are our only notable free agents next year. 

IDL at 12, OT of the future at 30, ILB at 44 and we're set. 

Thought the idea was to improve, not remain static? Replace guys who we won't bring back doesn't make us better necessarily. I think we're in a position to go BPA at this point with few position exceptions. I do not see us being set at S or CB at this point either. 

I honestly would be good with a trade down at 12 unless a real top talent slide. I'm not a fan of Sweat or Burns at 12. I certainly do not want Jonah Williams as 12 either. 

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Probably had better starting opportunity for them instead of us. He faced competition from Alexander, King and Jackson.

Agree, but now depth at CB is a concern. We are going to need 2 guys IMO. 

Edited by Golfman

12 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Breeland signs with Chiefs

Definitely wanted to bring him back but not completely devastated since he couldn't stay healthy with us. How i feel will depend on what he got paid as well. 

Makes me want Tre Boston even more now to help the secondary. 

Edited by Victor1124

7 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Agree, but now depth at CB is a concern. We are going to need 2 guys IMO. 

Maybe, I'd say 1 for sure. I like the upside to Brown and Redmond still. Wouldn't rule a CB out as a high draft pick now.

Redmond was a 3rd rounder who had a better 3 cone and 40 than King even.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000508340/printable/mississippi-state-cb-matches-combine-standouts-with-40-time

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, Lodestar said:

Ouch. This one stings.

this makes me really god damn mad. Hopefully Breeland saw this as a better chance for a superbowl, and a clearer track to being a starter....

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1