2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Two packers

Happy to see a lot of people give positive reviews on Preston Smith. I was kind of underwhelmed when we signed him, especially with the sack numbers but the amount of pressures seem good. It is in the past and we might not of even talked to him but Shaq Barrett on a 1 year 5 million dolllar deal would of been pretty legit.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's probably a tad extreme.  We were always in the market for a corner.  Maybe not as early as it is now, but we still were likely looking at a CB either on Day 2 or early Day 3.  Nothing has really changed.

3 YeArS 24MiL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF the numbers were even close, why would he choose Green Bay over Kansas City?  He's your #3 CB when everyone is healthy.  Jaire Alexander is our top corner and Kevin King was more productive than Breeland.  Breeland wasn't very good last year.  And I'm not sure where this notion that he was came from.

ThEn YoU nEeD to PaY MoRe sO yOu geT wHo yOu WaNt!!!!! 

since he did it, I wanted to too.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Will our pass rushers keep King from going on IR? 

the point i'm making is that a good pass rush will help our corners, not that healthy corners will help our corners.  of course healthy corners will help our corners but i didn't feel the need to make that point.  even if tramon is starting next to jaire and JJ, a good pass rush will make him look better.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

hard to imagine he would turn down significantly more money in order to play a little more and change teams.

Possibly so. I wanted him back as well - for depth protection - but I've no clue what pushed his buttons.
Going to KC to start and also get a good shot at a SB - not motivations outside the realm of possibility. It is what it is.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Possibly so. I wanted him back as well - for depth protection - but I've no clue what pushed his buttons.
Going to KC to start and also get a good shot at a SB - not motivations outside the realm of possibility. It is what it is.

That team is going to regress. I don't care what anyone says. Their defense was atrocious last year and they just traded and cut both their edge. Tyreek Hill is looking at a lengthy suspension which puts Sammy Watkins as their #1 and furthermore? If that doesn't sell it to you, that offense was historic last year. Repeating or exceeding that shouldn't be an expectation from anyone.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

That team is going to regress. I don't care what anyone says. Their defense was atrocious last year and they just traded and cut both their edge. Tyreek Hill is looking at a lengthy suspension which puts Sammy Watkins as their #1 and furthermore? If that doesn't sell it to you, that offense was historic last year. Repeating or exceeding that shouldn't be an expectation from anyone.

Possible as well and commented on earlier w/o the mentions of the defensive losses. We'll see....but I think they'll be in the mix this season. #15's gonna have a year (and playoff experience) under his belt.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Possible as well and commented on earlier w/o the mentions of the defensive losses. We'll see....but I think they'll be in the mix this season. #15's gonna have a year (and playoff experience) under his belt.

I don't think they're in any better position to compete for a SuperBowl then Green Bay is. So that whole line of "chance to compete for a Superbowl" being used for Breeland makes no sense. He has a chance for that in Green Bay. 

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't think they're in any better position to compete for a SuperBowl then Green Bay is. So that whole line of "chance to compete for a Superbowl" being used for Breeland makes no sense. He has a chance for that in Green Bay. 

Wellllll.....you're not gonna get me to run the Packers down.....but lets not forget KC went 12+4 - won the Division and a Playoff game last year.
We've got a few cylinders to replace before we can say we're hitting on all them again.

The LAC were right there last year, look to be still solid and should be there in the AFCW.
Denver will probably be better - I guess. Oakland....who knows.

Again - I dont know what motivates / motivated Breeland - but the likelihood to start - anddddddddd.....compete at a high level were probably part of the equation.

13 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I mean, they're probably in better position for the simple fact that the AFC is a lot worse than the NFC overall in terms of quality of teams. 

Wasn't Alexander saying he wanted Breeland back at the end of last year? I remember something about how they became really good friends off the field. I thought it was in a post game interview or something. Either way I only have two thoughts on Breeland signing with KC. The first being he wasn't that great with the Packers so I'm good with them passing. I know he had a few flash plays, but I remember him getting beat quite a bit last year.  Second, how does Alexander feel about this? Not saying it matters really, just want to see where his mind is going into next season.

• Like 1