2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It's not on him that as a Packer fan you didn't know those trade details either. Your ignorance is not his undoing it's your own. So, do some more research, pay attention to your team and their transactions and relax. Long story short, don't comment on a trade if you don't know the actual details yourself. 

Meh, he's fine. I jumped him because I thought he was saying Link? as if I needed to prove my opinion was a fact with a link. I didn't realize he was actually asking me what the details were. I kinda thought we all knew that by now.

26 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Is $5m even enough to sign a draft class?  I have to imagine some sort of move to clear space is on the way if that is true.

Well, they are already subtracting the draft class money in that "calculation".

$5million left after signing current draft pick slots.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I imagine you still want to have an emergency fund for the season in case you have to start signing guys off the street to account for injuries.

That's the roll over. Instead of having 7.5 million to rollover per typical under Thompson. We're now at 5. Not a big deal

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

interesting...

One of the most baffling posts I’ve ever seen Tom Silverstein make, and that’s saying something. Did he think this was clear or helpful to the fans? There’s no way to figure out what he means by any of this and it’s extremely vague. Seems only intended to confuse or upset fans

Edited by Isherwood

As @Isherwood said, it's a lazy and vague tweet, but my understanding is that Silverstein means there's less cap space than we thought, not that the team itself miscalculated. When he says "cap charges that weren't calculated," he means by reporters/fans who have previously stated they have $13M left or whatever.

Edit: Here's a clarifying tweet from Silverstein

Edited by Lodestar