2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I disagree entirely. I mean - at what point do you as GM cut the cord on a guy thats not giving you anything on the field - where it counts - where he earns his pay?

Sure he might be a nice guy in the community - but the GBPs arent a community organization - they're a football team and HHCD had shut it down - or turned it halfway off.

So what do you do? Keep playing and paying the guy when he's giving you **** in return (?) and then try to reup with the guy after the season? Not exactly a game plan I'd follow.

"They traded away last March"

He's talking about Randall, not HHCD. That's why I used Kizer and Cole since that's what we got I believe in the end. IDGAF about trading HHCD, he gave up like a ***** then didn't play any better after.

Trading Randall for Kizer sucked then and it sucks now.

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

"They traded away last March"

He's talking about Randall, not HHCD. That's why I used Kizer and Cole since that's what we got I believe in the end. IDGAF about trading HHCD, he gave up like a ***** then didn't play any better after.

Oh - I didnt read the other comment you're referring to and thought you were speaking of the HHCD move.

46 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

The real reason Giants fans hated him was because of his tackling. I'm not going to sugar coat it, he was below average against the run and in all the games I watched he developed a habit of vying for the "impact/'high velocity tackle" vs. just wrapping up, but there's no doubt he's rangy as hell. 

He represents an ideal complement to Amos. 

Just because he doesn't have a bunch of PD's doesn't mean he didn't routinely impact the direction of play. He didn't give up a TD in pass coverage and he was 2nd in passer rating against among all safeties for a reason. 

Well I dont know how Giant fans feel about the guy but note the Giants aren't in a hurry to resign him - yet. Who knows. As I'd mentioned he had a decent stat line.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Link?

BTW, there were draft considerations as well.

I wouldn't want to pay Randall this year, so I'm glad he's traded... But, I wish the Kizer asset was different as well.

Just now, Leader said:

Well I dont know how Giant fans feel about the guy but note the Giants aren't in a hurry to resign him - yet. Who knows. As I'd mentioned he had a decent stat line.

Yeah, that's cause they signed Antoine Bethea and then received Jabrill Peppers in a trade from the Browns. 

There's almost zero chance he re-signs with the Giants. 

Just now, Cadmus said:

Yeah, that's cause they signed Antoine Bethea and then received Jabrill Peppers in a trade from the Browns. 

There's almost zero chance he re-signs with the Giants. 

So they're less than luke warm about the guy.

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Link?

BTW, there were draft considerations as well.

I wouldn't want to pay Randall this year, so I'm glad he's traded... But, I wish the Kizer asset was different as well.

Link?

One guy didn't play football and Kizer is an 0-15 QB who had a Tebow level comp percentage last year when he had to play. Meanwhile Damarious Randall grades out as a league average to above average starting safety. There's not an objective person on Earth that thinks that was a good trade for us other than brainwashed GB fans. 

So yeah, **** your link and stupid as sarcasm. Make an argument that was a good trade other than "BUT DERP DERP DERP DERP RANDALL HAD TO GO BC HES NAUGHTY IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND ON SNAPCHATTTTTT"

You can't. It was terrible awful garbage value because Mike had a hard on for Kizer. Kizer and Madison will never make the impact for us than Randall probably would have had in one good game last year. GREAT ******* TRADE THOUGH. WHO HAZ DA LINKZ TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

gimme a ******* break.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Have you seen how Dave Gettleman build a roster? 

:) I was going to add (but didnt) that talent evals by the Giant organization have been lacking for some time now. I'm not passing judgement on this guy. I looked at some videos today and checked his stat line. A comprehensive study that is not. Hence, you'll note I've not been taking strong stands on signing him or not.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Link?

One guy didn't play football and Kizer is an 0-15 QB who had a Tebow level comp percentage last year when he had to play. Meanwhile Damarious Randall grades out as a league average to above average starting safety. There's not an objective person on Earth that thinks that was a good trade for us other than brainwashed GB fans. 

So yeah, **** your link and stupid as sarcasm. Make an argument that was a good trade other than "BUT DERP DERP DERP DERP RANDALL HAD TO GO BC HES NAUGHTY IN THE LOCKER ROOM AND ON SNAPCHATTTTTT"

You can't. It was terrible awful garbage value because Mike had a hard on for Kizer. Kizer and Madison will never make the impact for us than Randall probably would have had in one good game last year. GREAT ******* TRADE THOUGH. WHO HAZ DA LINKZ TO PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

gimme a ******* break.

Wow, what a pathetic post. It's not on me you didn't give all the details of the trade (draft considerations and Randall's contract)... So, take some more midol and relax.

Long story short, the Packers wanted to trade him, so they did. Do you have proof they turned down better offers?

Just now, Donzo said:

Wow, what a pathetic post. It's not on me you didn't give all the details of the trade (draft considerations and Randall's contract)... So, take some more midol and relax.

Long story short, the Packers wanted to trade him, so they did. Do you have proof they turned down better offers?

I assumed you asked LINK? as if I had a link that proved it was a dog **** trade, like being a sarcastic ***.  I'm like 99% sure the pick in it became Cole Madison, who hasn't played. You couldn't know that now but obviously that hasn't worked out and they missed something in the personal eval, I guess? Kizer was a mess and maybe he'll come around but there's not much there to suggest he would. Randall is going to make 9 mil on his 5th year option which seems pretty high. IDK if we woulda swung that. 

I actually don't think they had "better offers." But that's not my point, if we decide we need tot rade Rodgers and we only get what I feel is half his value, I won't justify it as fair because nobody ponied up. I'd have rather have kept him and tried to square him away that get what we got, if it really didn't work, then let him go. 

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

It's not on him that as a Packer fan you didn't know those trade details either. Your ignorance is not his undoing it's your own. So, do some more research, pay attention to your team and their transactions and relax. Long story short, don't comment on a trade if you don't know the actual details yourself. 

• Like 2