2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I really wanted to come out of this offseason with 2 new legit safeties. If we get a good one in the draft and Amos I'll feel free good. Would still prefer to get one in free agency. I like the vet leadership back there. Amos/Boston combo would be beautiful.

If a guy like Burnett is open to coming back on a reduced role, I’d love to grab him along with a draft pick. A top 4 of Draft pick/Amos/Burnett/Tramon is pretty good by any standards. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wait...a 36 year old cornerback who was never particularly fast before struggles to run vertically?  Color me surprised.  The last thing I'd call HHCD is reliable.  Adrian Amos is realiable, HHCD isn't.

yeah, also he doesn't know where to go on the field, has never played this position before last year, is the worst tackler on the team, has bottom tier athleticism even for safety, and he can't catch punts.  He's just out there collecting checks because he's a good guy and the front office as well as defensive coaching staff likes his personality.  HHCD is 10x the safety Tramon Williams is, and he's cheaper!  He's a great example of a contract that could really pay off huge.  That kind of signing is how you get value out of your roster - you get 3M players who deliver 15M in value.

I'm Tramon is a great person, and he was once my favorite packer player.  I'm really tired of those sentiments infecting the decision making.

Forget the history, forget the glory days. Titletown=*#(@Town for all I care right now.

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's been 2 safeties who have signed a contract for less than $3.75M AAV this year: HHCD ($3.5M) and Antone Exum ($0.9M).  HHCD has already burned his bridge with the Packers, and Exum sucks.  If you're a halfway competent safety and you're not asking for $5M+, your agent is terrible.  Safeties are actually getting paid this year.

Seriously? 

This isn't a hard one

Safeties that either have been paid under 3.75 Million AAV or will be paid under 3.75 Million AAV that represent a clear upgrade to Tramon.

• Andrew Adams (signed 1 YR deal with DET)
  • Jahleel Addae
  • Curtis Riley
  • Corey Graham
  • Mike Mitchell

Safeties that will come (much) cheaper than 3.75 Million AAV and would represent no worse than a lateral move from Tramon

• Chris Conte
  • Jordan Richards

Safeties that may come cheaper than or near 3.75 Million AAV and represent a clear upgrade from Tramon

• Tre Boston
  • Glover Quin

FAs that Cadmus wanted to sign this offseason to play FS and their AAVs 

• Tashaun Gipson (7.52 Million AAV)
  • Darryl Roberts (6 Million AAV)
Edited by Cadmus

11 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Good year to get two safeties and reset the position a bit and hopefully not need Brice to play a meaningful snap ever again 

Well... Brice is gone so you don't need to worry about that. 

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah, also he doesn't know where to go on the field, has never played this position before last year, is the worst tackler on the team, has bottom tier athleticism even for safety, and he can't catch punts.  He's just out there collecting checks because he's a good guy and the front office as well as defensive coaching staff likes his personality.  HHCD is 10x the safety Tramon Williams is, and he's cheaper!  He's a great example of a contract that could really pay off huge.  That kind of signing is how you get value out of your roster - you get 3M players who deliver 15M in value.

I'm Tramon is a great person, and he was once my favorite packer player.  I'm really tired of those sentiments infecting the decision making.

Forget the history, forget the glory days. Titletown=*#(@Town for all I care right now.

So you're telling me you believe that Gute is knowingly keeping Tramon around because he's a "good guy"?

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

We sure must have a lot of dumb people running the team on all levels

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

You appear to have suggested we sign Chris Conte. 

I did no such thing, I stated that (assuming he's healthy) he'd be no worse than a lateral move from Tramon, and that's a very easy assertion to stand by. 

I want nothing to do with Conte or Graham or Mitchell or Quin (or Tramon Williams for that matter) because I'd prefer younger players on the roster right now, but Mitchell and Graham are definitely both better players than Tramon. 

@CWood21 said Tramon-caliber safeties couldn't be had for 3.75 Million or less. That was the entire point of the post. 

Edited by Cadmus

It's not rocket science why we signed Tramon. It's not that crazy we kept him on for the second year.

He may not win you any games, but he isn't going to lose you any either. Wanting HHCD instead is just plain stupid

Edited by cannondale

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

In a 1-for-1 scenario, absolutely.  But if the choice came to Tramon Williams, a 4th round pick, and the money saved by not extending HHCD or HHCD, I'd take the former.

Weird scenario since we already got the 4th and could have just outbid the bears by .25 mil this year.

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's not rocket science why we signed Tramon. It's not that crazy we kept him on for the second year.

He may not win you any games, but he isn't going to lose you any either. Wanting HHCD instead is just stupid

i mean absolutely yes he can lose you games...

38 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Seriously? 

This isn't a hard one

Safeties that either have been paid under 3.75 Million AAV or will be paid under 3.75 Million AAV that represent a clear upgrade to Tramon.

• Andrew Adams (signed 1 YR deal with DET)
  • Jahleel Addae
  • Curtis Riley
  • Corey Graham
  • Mike Mitchell

Safeties that will come (much) cheaper than 3.75 Million AAV and would represent no worse than a lateral move from Tramon

• Chris Conte
  • Jordan Richards

Safeties that may come cheaper than or near 3.75 Million AAV and represent a clear upgrade from Tramon

• Tre Boston
  • Glover Quin

FAs that Cadmus wanted to sign this offseason to play FS and their AAVs 

• Tashaun Gipson (7.52 Million AAV)
  • Darryl Roberts (6 Million AAV)

Chargers fans were joyous that Addae was cut. Mike Mitchell?? Come on.

Quin and Boston are upgrades, the other list you compiled, no.

• Like 1