Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?

patriotsheatyan

Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Eagles win the Super Bowl last year with Wentz?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, they don’t even make it

On 11/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, ninjapirate said:

The problem only confounded itself when once frank and flip left the eagles didn't actually replace them in anyway. 

I think Frank might probably the biggest loss...DeFilippo has honestly been disappointing so far this season with his playcalling at Vikings.

I'll say No because only 1 League MVP (would of been Wentz in this scenario) has ever gone on to Win the SB in the same year in the past 5 decades.

Warner in 99'.

Odds were against it. Thank you Tom for Winning and continuing that trend!!!

On 11/19/2018 at 2:52 AM, RuskieTitan said:

Wentz tearing his knee was the best thing that has ever happened to that organization. They have a trophy thanks to it. He set them up for the playoffs, but big daddy Foles was the only one who would have won it all for the Eagles. Wentz is Philip Rivers 2.0.

Whats the reason you think he's Rivers 2.0

On 11/20/2018 at 1:40 AM, Nabbs4u said:

I'll say No because only 1 League MVP (would of been Wentz in this scenario) has ever gone on to Win the SB in the same year in the past 5 decades.

Warner in 99'.

Odds were against it. Thank you Tom for Winning and continuing that trend!!!

Not true, I have seen this stat quoted before, but Terrell Davis was MVP when Denver won in 1998 season, Favre and the Packers in the 1996 season, Young and the 49ers 1994 season, Emmit Smith 1993, Montana 1989, etc.

It's since 1999 that an MVP hasn't won the SB, but 5 decades with 1 MVP winning the SB is plain wrong.

59 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Not true, I have seen this stat quoted before, but Terrell Davis was MVP when Denver won in 1998 season, Favre and the Packers in the 1996 season, Young and the 49ers 1994 season, Emmit Smith 1993, Montana 1989, etc.

It's since 1999 that an MVP hasn't won the SB, but 5 decades with 1 MVP winning the SB is plain wrong.

Apologies, was going off a link I obviously misread. Thought it sounded odd?

20 years though, is still a hefty trend. One I'm glad Wentz didn't Continue but Tom did.

The sole special teams player to be named AP NFL MVP was Mark Moseley, who wonas a placekicker in 1982. Thirteen awardees also won the Super Bowl (or NFLChampionship Game prior to 1966) in the same season. However, this has not occurred since 1999, when MVP Kurt Warner won Super Bowl XXXIV with the St. Louis Rams.

Archived