SNF: Purple People Eaters @ the Monsters of the Midway

riceman80

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

This division was supposed to be owned by the Vikings this year.  

Cousns can’t get them over the top and run away with it. 

He, Bradford, and Carr are most overpaid QBs in football. 

Only an idiot thought the Vikings could improve from a 13-3 record with Kirk. That’s not the issue here.

2nd year of Trubisky and overall progression of Chicago makes this a much harder division to contend in.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Crazy how much better this D looks with a 100% Mack.

Even looking like the undisputed #1 D in the NFL, I have my doubts it can really slow down the elite offenses. Just not a year for defense...

This is why I don't see Chicago as a true contender. Could see them winning a first round game - if they win the division - but in today's league, unfortunately, you need offense in the post-season and just enough defense.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

If you're a Bears fan, I think you would expect a bit more from Floyd.  He should be taking more advantage of opportunities.

He should, but he isn't getting as many opportunities as expected when Mack is on the field. He gets dropped into coverage an annoyingly high amount. Regardless, it hasn't been enough to warrant a big deal yet.

I want to see him the last 6 weeks, should be healthy and completely on. If he doesn't hit a major stride there then I'm not sure what the Bears do with him.

Archived