SNF: Purple People Eaters @ the Monsters of the Midway

riceman80

Just now, rocky_rams said:

Only an idiot would think Cousins is not better than Keenum 

There was a lot of fluky stuff like Aaron Rodgers getting hurt and Chicago bringing in a rookie QB that contributed to Minnesota being 13-3. It’s not the most unlikeliest of outcomes that they could improve the QB position and have a worse record.

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

This is why I don't see Chicago as a true contender. Could see them winning a first round game - if they win the division - but in today's league, unfortunately, you need offense in the post-season and just enough defense.

They're a young team man..I don't think anyone is expecting them to go toe to toe with the Saints and Rams this yeat but in the next year or two once these guys all have a solid understanding of the offense look out.

This is why I don't see Chicago as a true contender. Could see them winning a first round game - if they win the division - but in today's league, unfortunately, you need offense in the post-season and just enough defense.

We weren't meant to be a true contender this year. Only building towards it.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

He heard you.

Lol

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh trust me, it's been noted.

I figured it had been.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

He should, but he isn't getting as many opportunities as expected when Mack is on the field. He gets dropped into coverage an annoyingly high amount. Regardless, it hasn't been enough to warrant a big deal.

Interesting.  That would be frustrating, but IIRC, that's not uncommon for a Fangio D.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

He is now. He had a broken hand earlier this year. 

When did he get healthy?

Yeah that's where I'm at as well in regards to the Bears, I really don't see anyone other than the Rams or Saints coming out of the NFC, just clearly the most talented 2 teams. Thing is, I feel like defenses always seem to step it up and/or offenses take a step back in the postseason... and this offense has shown me enough that they could have a good day against the Rams or Saints and hang ~30. 

Archived