WAS signs QB Mark Sanchez

Broncofan

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Having Mark Sanchez as a backup QB(as long as he's not playing) is extremely helpful. He helped Mitch quite a bit. 

If Colt McCoy (a now nine year veteran) needs Mark Sanchez's advice/input on how to be a NFL QB ... the Redskins are more screwed than originally thought.

25 minutes ago, Woz said:

If Colt McCoy (a now nine year veteran) needs Mark Sanchez's advice/input on how to be a NFL QB ... the Redskins are more screwed than originally thought.

Uh....couldnt you always use input? I didn't realize learning stops at year 2. 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

Uh....couldnt you always use input? I didn't realize learning stops at year 2. 

I would be curious how much useful input Sanchez (who has been on the roster for 5 hours) could give to McCoy (who has been on the roster for 5 years).

Sanchez can be helpful, butt if he has to play an extensive amount of time, Washington won't win much.

The defense might rear end a few teams and put a few offenses on their posterior, butt you have to think AP will have to rump around to get any sort of booty out of every drive...

Hopefully Sanchez is the backup and doesn't see the field.  Given the emergency situation, Sanchez is the best backup to find- he has worked with three of the Redskins offensive coaches and should be able to get up to speed on the basics as quickly as anyone else.  That familiarity is likely what put him over.  

If McCoy gets hurt at any point, the Redskins are done.  No way are they any sort of playoff team with Sanchez under center.  

Archived