How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

great video showing why Goff struggled against the Bears. He’s pointing out exactly what I saw about Goff. 

Goff was going for the home run too many times and not passing to his checkdowns and easier throws.  that game humbled him and we’ll see him get back on track 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

great video showing why Goff struggled against the Bears. He’s pointing out exactly what I saw about Goff. 

Goff was going for the home run too many times and not passing to his checkdowns and easier throws.  that game humbled him and we’ll see him get back on track 

I hate how he and Sean don’t take the short /screen stuff. Everything is balls deep. 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Yep, that game is on Goff. It'll be a great learning experience for him. 

If I remember correctly, Goff was top3 in passer rating until the Ram's bye week...Goff has now fallen down to 13th in passer rating this season, behind Luck, Cousins, Tannehil, Wentz etc. Rams OL underperforming over the last few weeks has definitely affected Goff but also he himself has looked pretty wayward over last few weeks starting from Lions game.

On 16/12/2018 at 1:02 AM, jrry32 said:

Yep, that game is on Goff. It'll be a great learning experience for him. 

He completely goes against what you were saying. RUN THE F BALL. I thought the same (I even commented under the video that he was full of it, as Gurley should have got more work) but then he explained why (heavy looks). I'm still not convinced. 

Goff has been fantastic for all but a few games these last two seasons. Seemed like he was overdue for a few bad games, that's all. He's going to bounce back really quick I bet. 

For the Rams it's  better now than right during the postseason. MIN struggles mightily on defense last postseason and it carried over for a while into this season. There is time to adjust and right the ship. 

• 1 month later...

I still can’t believe the disrespect Goff gets by the media and fans. 

David Carr literally compared him to Eli Manning. Goff is a much better passer and more a better decision maker than Eli. 

Also, when the media talks about the last four teams, Goff has been forgotten about. 

Even when they showed the highlights, they omitted  the last drive where Goff made two unbelievable back to back throws. All they showed was the FG kick. 

If those throws were made by Mahomes, every outlet would show multiple replays and say how great of a thrower and how miraculous Mahomes is 

Goff does remind me the most of Brady out of all current NFL QBs. Brady never got the appreciation he deserved early in his career. Everyone was crazy about Peyton,  and now, look. 

Archived