Best QB's Ever

mse326

Who is the best QB ever?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. QB #1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Brady has the best stats (beyond being close) in two things which I found to be quite impressive. Wins/Rating when defence lets in 20+ points, and Wins/Rating when he throws the ball more than 50 times. The second one he's 18/9 (Brees;4/15, Manning; 4/12). You're just always in with a great chance of winning, with TB12. 

Brady has impressive stats no doubt, but that doesn't tell the whole story.  A better team will win more games regardless.  Brady is very good under pressure, if not the best though, and I do give him credit for that.

9 hours ago, jalopy jamoke said:

Montana had stiffer conference competition, Brady has a walkthrough conference every year.

they are equals. no on else comes close.

A walkthrough conference? So you're saying teams like Steelers, Broncos, Colts and Ravens over the past 10 years or so have been a walk through? 

27 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

If you go resume it's Tom Brady all day everyday.

If it's who I believe is the best it's Peyton Manning no question.

I agree with this, and I would have voted Peyton if not for his one fatal flaw:  he definitely has a history of bad postseason performance.  It's happened too many times for there to not be a little something to it.

ATTENTION

Even though this is looking like a runaway I am going to leave it open at least a few more days since we just finished the transition and I want to ensure that all members that want to have a chance to participate. After that I will start the poll for #2 and we'll finally really be on our way to making the list.

Remember everyone that this still needs participation and good discussion. So 1. Don't just vote. Also post. It should be more than just saying what your vote is give your reasons why so discussion can happen. 2. If this dies out we won't be able to finish and I think it would be cool if can have a full list of all positions. Maybe we can even gett Webby to put it on the home page as a way to draw in new members.

Brady and it's a run away.

Statistically he's top 4 all time in bulk statsand will have a strong chance at making a big run into the top 3 or even 1 if things go well and he's top 3 in efficiency with only Rodgers and Wilson who debuted at least 8 years after him as starters and played mostly under newer rules. So not only is he super elite in both categories he's arguably the most efficient QB to amass that level of bulk stats. That's super top tier.

He'll retire with far and away the most wins for a QB and that record will be nearly unbreakable, most playoff wins where he has 9 more than second best, most SB wins for a QB and most appearances, his average year is an AFCCG, if he goes to one more SB he will have matched every FRANCHISE as a player, he'll own every bulk playoff record for the rest of his life. 

And now he's going into rare air in the longevity argument. Dude might be first team all decade for a SECOND decade. It's not close imo. 

He just checks every box. 

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Brady and it's a run away.

Statistically he's top 4 all time in bulk statsand will have a strong chance at making a big run into the top 3 or even 1 if things go well and he's top 3 in efficiency with only Rodgers and Wilson who debuted at least 8 years after him as starters and played mostly under newer rules. So not only is he super elite in both categories he's arguably the most efficient QB to amass that level of bulk stats. That's super top tier.

He'll retire with far and away the most wins for a QB and that record will be nearly unbreakable, most playoff wins where he has 9 more than second best, most SB wins for a QB and most appearances, his average year is an AFCCG, if he goes to one more SB he will have matched every FRANCHISE as a player, he'll own every bulk playoff record for the rest of his life. 

And now he's going into rare air in the longevity argument. Dude might be first team all decade for a SECOND decade. It's not close imo. 

He just checks every box. 

I do think he's GOAT, but that its not even close?  I think Montana and Peyton are pretty close.  The Patriots rarely put garbage on the field, and its just as impressive to me that Belichick manages such a consistently solid roster.  Yes, I know Brady is the biggest reason for their success, but would Montana or Peyton have similar success with the Patriots?  Montana had a great team in his own right (but also won 4 superbowls), and its hard to imagine Peyton and Belichick together, but they're smart guys, no reason to think they wouldn't have found a way to demolish the league.

I'm so sick of the best qb rankings lol. It's always gonna go down to resume. 

I think a more interesting discussion would be most valuable qbs. This is a different discussion than best. 

The most valuable qbs youd see a huge drop off of a team if they weren't on it.

I think Marino, Elway, Manning, Rodgers have the edge over Montana, Brady, Young, Bradshaw.

24 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm so sick of the best qb rankings lol. It's always gonna go down to resume. 

I think a more interesting discussion would be most valuable qbs. This is a different discussion than best. 

The most valuable qbs youd see a huge drop off of a team if they weren't on it.

I think Marino, Elway, Manning, Rodgers have the edge over Montana, Brady, Young, Bradshaw.

Relax bud. While I agree with your sentiment of the constant QB vs QB rankings debates (been having them for years - AKA Brady vs Manning) and where the discussions ultimately end up heading. I believe that the op's entire purpose of this thread, and ranking in general,  is simply just being used as a conversation piece to see where the majority of members stand on each position and not something to take too serious, or even over-think things for that matter. 

I could be wrong but that's what I take from this based on what @mse326  has stated in this thread.

On 11/08/2017 at 5:45 AM, Kiwibrown said:

which QB would you take at the age of 22 if you had an expansion team? 

Id go Peyton Manning. 

Yeah, Peyton is the answer if you're starting a new franchise from scratch. No question.

I mean, as long as you get him 2 all-pro receivers, an all-pro running back, an all-pro center, a pro-bowl LT and all-pro Tight End, well then he might, sometime down the line, not play quite bad enough to lose the superbowl for you. As long as your HoF kicker doesn't miss a single kick and your defense scores more points than they allow.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think a more interesting discussion would be most valuable qbs. This is a different discussion than best

This sounds like another thread to dive into. Spoiler alert - I'm probably thinking Elway.

Archived