Tank or Try and Win Out (4-6-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

0-5 or 5-0  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Win out or Lose out

• Win the last 5 for a shot at the playoffs
    • Lose the last 5 for a shot at a top 8 pick

4 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

I don't disagree and the Bears will make the playoffs but the talk of them having a seed locked in and resting players is premature. 

Agreed. They could very well be playing for the #2 seed if they beat LA in a few weeks.

So thankful that our CEO is smarter than 30 voters in this poll:

“I’m not ready to give up on the season,” Murphy adds, as if he or anyone else would admit to giving in to the tanking temptation. “Now, I realize that we are 4-6-1 (and as Bill Parcells famously said, ‘You are what your record says you are’) and that we haven’t played well. However, we still have almost a third of the season left to play. I know that the odds of making the playoffs are slim (I’ve seen odds range from 3 to 15 percent), but we still have a lot to play for. If we can finish the season strong, even if we don’t make the playoffs (and crazier things have happened), it will give the team confidence that can carry over to next year. Also, from the individual player’s standpoint, the average career is so short (3.1 years) and every game means so much, they all have much to play for over the next five weeks.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/01/packers-ceo-im-not-ready-to-give-up-on-the-season/

As a fan it wouldn't break my heart to see the wheels come off completely for these last 5 weeks, but there is no way I won't be pulling for a win while watching the games.  Obviously there is no way Mac or Rodgers will willingly tank.  It's just not in their nature, and for Mac, it would almost certainly result in him losing his job.

Still ain't about to root for losses, it's just now I can start actively rooting for the following teams to win:

Raiders
49ers
Cardinals
Jets (except when against the Packers)
Giants
Jaguars
Buccaneers 
Lions (except when against the Packers)
Bills
Falcons (except when against the Packers)
Browns
Titans
Eagles
Dolphins
Broncos
Bengals

Jets beating the Titans.  If in spite of my proper rooting for the Packers in New York the Packers lose that game, could be a premium draft pick coming to us. 

What scenario has to happen for teams to pass on Bosa?  Could the Raiders shake it up by taking Herbert and Niners drafting a tackle? 

Archived