Tank or Try and Win Out (4-6-1 Edition)

AlexGreen#20

0-5 or 5-0  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Win out or Lose out

• Win the last 5 for a shot at the playoffs
    • Lose the last 5 for a shot at a top 8 pick

You have to keep playing Rodgers. I could see not playing him in the last game of the year, but you play him. If he's dinged up you could give him a week off and that would be legit, but by all accounts, he's healthy. 

I'm all for sitting down guys who won't be here next year to evaluate younger guys: Cobb, Matthews, T. Williams come to mind immediately. 

Next week is going to be interesting because both of us are having such terrible seasons. Atlanta had a few major injuries to their top defenders in week 1. Not sure what our excuse is though. If we lose we definitely move into the top 6-7 in draft order. 

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Unless we are afraid he'll get hurt you play AR when you consider what we are paying him.

That and he’s just as responsible for this crap season as anyone so no way I let him just ride the bench and collect his money. He goes out and finishes this season like everyone else. 

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You all do realize that now we are going to finish 8-7-1 and get like pick 14 instead of 8.  Just the way this year will go.

I said earlier we would be 8-7-1 or 7-8-1. Now it looks like the latter. We have 4 wins. 4. Where are the other 4 coming from? Chicago will beat us in Chicago, even with Chase. Matty Ice and Julio are going to slice up our secondary next week. Maybe we beat the Jets and Detroit. That would leave us at 6-9-1. 

12 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That and he’s just as responsible for this crap season as anyone so no way I let him just ride the bench and collect his money. He goes out and finishes this season like everyone else. 

If anyone on this team mailed it in it's Rodgers.  Don't know what his problem is.  He didn't look interested in winning today.  No I'd let him ride the pine and play Kizer.  Packers won't do it but I would.  He really pissed me off today.  Think Brady with the season on the line would be smiling and joking around with the opposing team when they are losing?  He needs to be taken down a peg I don't care how much we are paying him.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I said earlier we would be 8-7-1 or 7-8-1. Now it looks like the latter. We have 4 wins. 4. Where are the other 4 coming from? Chicago will beat us in Chicago, even with Chase. Matty Ice and Julio are going to slice up our secondary next week. Maybe we beat the Jets and Detroit. That would leave us at 6-9-1. 

yeah, i still think we are going 5-10-1.

most likely splitting the jets/lions

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You all do realize that now we are going to finish 8-7-1 and get like pick 14 instead of 8.  Just the way this year will go.

Not if we keep playing like this.  Losing at home to a team like AZ is pretty terrible.  It isn't going to any easier next week against Atlanta.  They have issues too but they are better than the Cards.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

If anyone on this team mailed it in it's Rodgers.  Don't know what his problem is.  He didn't look interested in winning today.  No I'd let him ride the pine and play Kizer.  Packers won't do it but I would.  He really pissed me off today.  Think Brady with the season on the line would be smiling and joking around with the opposing team when they are losing?  He needs to be taken down a peg I don't care how much we are paying him.

Did you really think the season was on the line today?  After losing to Seattle and MN our season was for all intents and purposes over and I suspect Rodgers knew it too.

Yes I do.  The season was definitely on the line.  If the Pack had won out they had an 80% chance of making the playoffs.   I'll tell you what he sure acted like the season was over.  Not what I'd expect by the leader of the Pack.  He let down the fans and his teammates today.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yes I do.  The season was definitely on the line.  If the Pack had won out they had an 80% chance of making the playoffs.   I'll tell you what he sure acted like the season was over.  Not what I'd expect by the leader of the Pack.  He let down the fans and his teammates today.

Might as well run him out of town on a rail. 

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Might as well run him out of town on a rail. 

We don't have that option thanks to the massive boneheaded contract the Packers just did.  No we are going to live or die with him now.  Hopefully he'll turn it around next season but yes he needs an ego check.  Goat my ***.  Outpost is right he's become a diva.  Huge Rodgers fan never thought I'd see the day.  I was wrong.  Rant Rant Rant.   Yes I am never a happy camper when the Packers season comes to an end.  Aaron smiling laughing and chumming around with the opposition as we go down in flames PISSED ME OFF.   Yes I have turned on him until he proves otherwise and that won't be until next season.  He needs to be humbled.

Archived