Will Dorsey grab hunt?

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's cool nothing wrong with that. Still you have to see how it is worse to fight a puppy than your brother though.

My brother has responsibilities, a puppy doesn't. 

I'm bigger than both by a minimum of 100 pounds

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

If I’m gettin shamed for taking a hard stance on violence against women don’t really give a **** 

You're not wrong to take that stance.

However, I think alcohol is probably the problem here.

Are any of the people in that video acting that way without it?

#prohibition

#butnotforme

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm of the opinion, and you don't have to agree, that you shouldn't be violent against children, women or animals unless you have no other option. Sure, some will say if you want equal rights, even though you are physically disadvantaged, that there shouldn't be a difference between striking a 250 lb man and a 95 lb woman. I find that silly. They say it takes all kinds so think what you will but that is the reason that I would be hesitant to bring someone who is violent towards those groups into my family, which is how a lot of franchises view their football teams.

We all have our own views and a football message board isn't going to change any of our opinions so I think we just have to accept that some will want to add Hunt into our family and some won't.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

If I’m gettin shamed for taking a hard stance on violence against women don’t really give a **** 

For the record, I was pointing out what I perceived as rational inconsistency, not myself making a declaration either way.

To make my own subjective opinion be known (though I've made these assertions already when these events came up), I don't think guys who throw a haymaker at a woman (Mixon), use their 270 pounds or so at the time to beat a woman repeatedly on the ground over words (Simmons), physically abuse their partner on at least two separate occasions (Foster) are guys I want on my team.

Hunt is a bit grayer as the infraction was more closer to a shove than a strike. I didn't like it, but it may fall into the second chance category. I don't know--gotta find out more context to what actually went down, pattern of behavior etc. As others mentioned, if he was cut this quickly, methinks they know more. I'm leaning no.

I do believe we can forgive these humans in our hearts, hope they get help while still not giving them more chances. Like, I believe Vick should still be in jail and never gotten a second chance (but it's pretty clear that most don't put as much value on the mass abuse and murder of dogs that I do. The details of the operation were chilling, to say the least.).

And I agree that alcohol has a lot to do with a lot of violence. I'm somewhat anti-alcohol--never seen improve a life--so there is that opinion I already hold, admittedly.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

If two men want to fight each other and both are of sound mind I don't hold that against either one of them. Same with two women. Two children. Two puppies. Children can't fight puppies. Women can't fight children. Men can't fight women. If you, a woman, a child or a puppy disagrees with me I'll fight any of you over it.

They can in Bristol 

My old HS teacher is also a football coach at Willoughby South. We still keep in touch.

He told me he learned about the Hunt news not long after it happened back in February, as did the Chiefs. He was only released because of the bad publicity from the video being made public.

He told me that "the girls were told to leave them alone multiple times." The video clearly doesn't have all the context, but I think we'll see this information come out as time goes on.

26 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

My old HS teacher is also a football coach at Willoughby South. We still keep in touch.

He told me he learned about the Hunt news not long after it happened back in February, as did the Chiefs. He was only released because of the bad publicity from the video being made public.

He told me that "the girls were told to leave them alone multiple times." The video clearly doesn't have all the context, but I think we'll see this information come out as time goes on.

There is zero percent chance imo the team and league hadn’t seen the video, just like with Ray Rice.

Knee jerk reaction to the seemingly always outraged media/public.

There’s definitely a need to discipline him, should have been suspended half a season to start the year iyam, but this is reactionary overkill.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There is zero percent chance imo the team and league hadn’t seen the video, just like with Ray Rice.

Knee jerk reaction to the seemingly always outraged media/public.

There’s definitely a need to discipline him, should have been suspended half a season to start the year iyam, but this is reactionary overkill.

Yup. I think the Chiefs will regret their decision. Suspension? Totally reasonable. Straight out release him? A bit of an overreaction, IMO.

I'm happy with Chubb and Duke, and think Chubb and Hunt would both be "Alphas" with not enough ball to go around, like how we couldn't get them all enough touches when we had Hyde. Also, no matter what the circumstances, I'm not into the idea of signing someone who hit a woman. Unless she was pulling a knife on his ***, there's no excuse for that, period. Now, if it were a pro-bowl guy at a true position of need, maybe my moral stance might waver a little (though I'd like to think not), but we're stocked at RB and he's radioactive, so it's a no brainer to stay away.

Archived