16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

I fixed this for you. Since you didn't give one fact that proved what you said. Just your opinions based on your knowledge of a few football related issues. 

His entire behavior is my evidence, and his complete history in the league.  Watch him.  If you know people on the spectrum, you can spot it in others, and everything about McDaniels screams it.  He doesn't get people.  He gets football, but he doesn't get people. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We could do worse than Pettine. But we can probably do better, too. Might be a number of good guys available that get fired, Bowles, Joseph, Wilks.

McDaniels has a history with Spags too.

I think I like all those names more than Pettine.

I don't, and the players seem to love Pettine.

I like pettine but this team needs a hard restart. No more half measures or just removing a few people.

New GM (Gute is the new GM) new coaching staff. Change doesn’t always improve the situation, but this organization has gotten stale.

I blame McCarthy’s coaching tree... there was never regular turn over. So no new ideas came in. It just sat... for 13 years.

Its taken 2 years but we need to clean everything out.

Dan Campbell strikes me as more of a alpha male meathead rather than someone with good x and o's ability. I don't think he can challenge Rodgers intellectually.

If Philbin is on one end of the spectrum being cerebral and quiet....Dan Campbell is at the complete opposite of the spectrum as a loud and alpha personality. We should be looking for somewhere in between imo.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

His entire behavior is my evidence, and his complete history in the league.  Watch him.  If you know people on the spectrum, you can spot it in others, and everything about McDaniels screams it.  He doesn't get people.  He gets football, but he doesn't get people. 

And this is why he will continue to get HCing interviews. 

If that truly is his issue... then if he is GBs next HC, hope he has strong coordinators and maybe an ex-headcoach on staff. To help guide him, ala wade phillips in LA.

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Dan Campbell strikes me as more of a alpha male meathead rather than someone with good x and o's ability. I don't think he can challenge Rodgers intellectually.

If Philbin is on one end of the spectrum being cerebral and quiet....Dan Campbell is at the complete opposite of the spectrum as a loud and alpha personality. We should be looking for somewhere in between imo.

Agreed .. Meathead is the right term for him.  I wouldn't think he would be the right fit for us.  Fans would probably love him because he's got some Kevin Greene him, but I'm not sure you want him being the brains of the operation.

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No we're not.  It's the same wishful thinking mentality that had people defending Capers. 

6 games 30 points or more.
6 games 23 points or more allowed.
4 games holding teams under NFL average. 

Compare that to Capers with the same pass rush, worse corners:

6 games 30 points or more.
4 games 23 points or more.
6 games holding teams under an NFL average. 

I know people won't want to accept this, but Capers last year without any corner help to speak of was better than Pettine this year. 

We downgraded at DC.  Don't talk to me about the eye test.  Pettine is not a good DC, and he needs to move on just like everybody else. 

This is a bad take. 

27 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I fixed this for you. Since you didn't give one fact that proved what you said. Just your opinions based on your knowledge of a few football related issues. 

You didn't know? We have pseudo psychologists here who think they can tell how someone is simply by watching him. How can you argue with that kind of logics? Doesn't matter that they know only 10%of what truly happened but they just know. It's a gift.

Browns: Interviewed- Greg Williams, Kitchens Requested- McCarthy, Flores, Stefanski, Dan Campbell, Eberflus Rumoured- Arians, Sirianni, Caldwell
Packers: Interviewed- Pagano, Caldwell, Philbin, Pettine Requested- McDaniels, Flores, Dan Campbell, Fitzgerald, Munchak
Jets: Requested- Bieniemy, Kris Richard, Monken Rumoured- Caldwell Declined- Matt Campbell
Broncos: Requested- Munchak, Flores, Fangio Rumoured- Kubaik, McCarthy, Pagano
Miami: Requested- Flores, Fangio
Bengals:
Tampa: Rumoured- Arians
Arizona: Requested- Taylor, Bieniemy  Rumoured- McCarthy

24 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I like pettine but this team needs a hard restart. No more half measures or just removing a few people.

New GM (Gute is the new GM) new coaching staff. Change doesn’t always improve the situation, but this organization has gotten stale.

I blame McCarthy’s coaching tree... there was never regular turn over. So no new ideas came in. It just sat... for 13 years.

Its taken 2 years but we need to clean everything out.

Really feel like you can't face a hard reset if Gute is the GM. you went internal with the GM hire already

19 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Agreed .. Meathead is the right term for him.  I wouldn't think he would be the right fit for us.  Fans would probably love him because he's got some Kevin Greene him, but I'm not sure you want him being the brains of the operation.

At least our HC could beat up other teams’ HC. Haha. And we will run Oklahoma drills.

Archived