16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

There are any number of accepted methods to assess the psychological make-up of an HC candidate - and an NFL team has all of them at their disposal in sifting through future leaders/coaches

None of you have the educational / professional background to handle this, yet many of you seem to be under the false impression that you do.

Relying on articles from newspapers, quotes on social media etc are fine and dandy - but billion dollar orgs take it quite a bit further, especially the publicly owned ones as they have a duty to their shareholders to carry out ( and document)  a full, thorough and complete search that stands up to scrutiny
And that most certainly includes psychological assessments, deep background checks ( Matt Patricia) interviews with former colleagues and former bosses

There are many ways to get at this info outside of normal channels, none of which are reported in the news and none of which we are privy too.
You wanna play amateur character assassin ? Knock yerself out, but we really don't know jack diddly squat about any of these candidates outside of what we've been fed by an attention-starved media.

This franchise is both talented and super conservative - anybody who gets the Green light has passed tests far more difficult and revealing than anything a football fan can dream up.

I'm with all of this.

I'm gonna just....Trust The Process.  Is that trademarked?

I don't know why Arizona does not fire Keim. Everyone know that if they accept a head coach job at Arizona the GM Keim is likely to be fired if results don't go their way next year thus making their own job security vulnerable to any incoming GM. Every potential head coach knows that this could potentially be a one year gig only. No wonder coaches like McCarthy and Bieniemy rejected their interview requests. It's not the first time this has happened, last year Munchak declined to return for a second interview.

Just get over it- fire Keim and then you can start attracting the top coaching candidates with a no.1 draft pick with Josh Rosen, David Johnson, Chandler Jones and Patrick Peterson to build around and $60m cap space.

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
16 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Makes sense to interview them both while in New Orleans .. probably could add Joe Lombardi to the mix as well.

As in if Carmichael or Campbell got the HC job, bring Joe in as OC?

18 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Geeeeezzzzzzzzz......thats just two people from NOLA right? Not three.
We getting near speed interviewing levels.

I couldnt tell you a thing about Campbell's HC bonafides but Carmichael as OC would interest me.

12 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't know why Arizona does not fire Keim. Everyone know that if they accept a head coach job at Arizona the GM Keim is likely to be fired if results don't go their way next year thus making their own job security vulnerable to any incoming GM. Every potential head coach knows that this could potentially be a one year gig only. No wonder coaches like McCarthy and Bieniemy rejected their interview requests. It's not the first time this has happened, last year Munchak declined to return for a second interview.

Just get over it- fire Keim and then you can start attracting the top coaching candidates with a no.1 draft pick with Josh Rosen, David Johnson, Chandler Jones and Patrick Peterson to build around and $60m cap space.

They obviously aren't sold on Keim if they offered McCarthy full control but it is baffling none the less. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-willing-to-give-mike-mccarthy-full-control-of-organization-but-hell-still-likely-sit-out-2019/

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzzzzzzzz......thats just two people from NOLA right? Not three.
We getting near speed interviewing levels.

I couldnt tell you a thing about Campbell's HC bonafides but Carmichael as OC would interest me.

Think Carmichael would  leave NOLA to make a lateral move to OC in GB? I mean maybe if you hired Campbell or a defensive guy as HC.  But he’s had the opportunity to call plays in NOLA too.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Think Carmichael would  leave NOLA to make a lateral move to OC in GB? I mean maybe if you hired Campbell or a defensive guy as HC.  But he’s had the opportunity to call plays in NOLA too.

No. He probably wouldnt leave.
Not that the French Quarter is all that....and the hurricanes and flooding are real.....but the foods real good and its not the Frozen Tundra!

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

An annoying downside of McDaniels; the compairisons of success for Brady and Rodgers had with McDaniels.

IF a pairing of McDaniels and Rodgers wins 1-2 Super Bowls, I will be more than fine to suffer the comparisons.  

Brady with 5 titles is going to be a hard argue against his GOAT claim.  Rodgers needs to get to 3 to be close.

Archived