Week 14 Atlanta @ Green Bay "I Believe"

skibrett15

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Someone please wrap King in some bubble-wrap and put him on the shelf for 2019. 

I would IR King, Bell, Carson, Greene, and Brice, and bring up some healthy bodies to look at for next year. Guys like Pankey, and um, ah, er, well I guess the cupboard is bare. But it wouldn't be a bad time to patch some guys off other teams' PS. We could bring in 5 guys with some developmental potential. Maybe a couple of guards, a safety, a TE or two. What's the downside?

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I would IR King, Bell, Carson, Greene, and Brice, and bring up some healthy bodies to look at for next year. Guys like Pankey, and um, ah, er, well I guess the cupboard is bare. But it wouldn't be a bad time to patch some guys off other teams' PS. We could bring in 5 guys with some developmental potential. Maybe a couple of guards, a safety, a TE or two. What's the downside?

None. You could argue that there's more utility in playing vets, especially your star players, in preseason games versus games at the end of a season that no longer matters.  

42 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If King misses the rest of the year, that will be 15/32 games for the first half of his rookie contract. Yikes. 

If there's one thing that bodes well, he's getting injured in different ways.  First it was a concussion in 2017, then it was the shoulder that ended his season.  He had the shoulder surgery to clear that issue up.  He injured his groin in Week 3, and now it's the hamstring.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If there's one thing that bodes well, he's getting injured in different ways.  First it was a concussion in 2017, then it was the shoulder that ended his season.  He had the shoulder surgery to clear that issue up.  He injured his groin in Week 3, and now it's the hamstring.

Very versatile 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
51 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If King misses the rest of the year, that will be 15/32 games for the first half of his rookie contract. Yikes. 

That sure makes me feel better hahaha. Groin and hamstring injuries makes me worry about his conditioning 

10 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

That sure makes me feel better hahaha. Groin and hamstring injuries makes me worry about his conditioning 

You could say every Packers player has issues with conditioning with our rate of soft tissue injuries the past few years. I hope the new admin gets some more investment into the training staff

Just now, FinneasGage said:

dude needs to put in serious work on his body this offseason iyam 

Yup, decide whether you want to be great or scraping by for an NFL contract in 2 years. He has the tools, but if he can't stay on the field, it's irrelevant. 

Just now, cannondale said:

With the 19th pick of the 2024 NFL Draft - the Green Bay Packers select a CB for the 8th year in a row

We could always use this other tool to address the CB spot -- it's called Free Agency. At least Gute dipped his toe in that pool this year. 

Archived