When will you have true confidence?

WindyCity

The Bears will CRUSH the Packers, and the way he has been playing, Aaron Rodgers will have very little to say about it. 

The Vikings could be a different story though.  Our defense is playing close to the way they usually do under Mike Zimmer, and you have to come to our house this time.  That game could turn out to be a winner-takes-all battle for the division title.

Beating the Rams will go a long way towards making me think we actually have a real shot in the playoffs this year.

Specifically because I think our Offensive line is hot garbage right now.

Good at pass blocking, and doesn't commit penalties, but you have a young QB and a strong defense and almost no capacity to run the damn ball because the OL just isn't good. We got absolutely shredded against a bottom feeder team in NYG last week, specifically because our OL kept messing it up.

A center with snapping issues, in a shotgun based offense

Major weakness at RG (and this might be our overall worst player right now)

A Rookie at LG (who's actually playing well for a Rookie, but he's a rookie and makes mistakes/needs time to grow)

A quasi Rookie QB being forced to put the entire offense on his back and win in the passing game, or scrambling for much of our running game production.

It's not really a surprise we've been so inconsistent as a team, we're not really designed well for our strengths, Strong defenses with questionable/inexperienced QBS need to be able to run the ball.... Our inability to run the ball effectively I think is likely our real killer this year and I have no idea how our Offensive interior plans on blocking a monster like Donald, particularly with another monster like Suh Right next to him.... Nor am I particularly confident in Leno/Massie.... I'll be more confident in this team when I see that they can run the ball when they want, or at the very least shut down the Donald-Suh combo.

It feels weird to say this, but I think we actually need to draft another Guard next season, and kick Long to the curb. Luckily there is a decent chance of getting good value at that position when we do finally get to make a selection.

I'm now fully ready to believe. We just shut down a 11-1 team and dominated them. If Mitch played just average it would have been a complete blow out. This defense is unreal and the players Pace has drafted are really developing into something. 

I think we have a shot to win the whole thing. 

58 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I'm now fully ready to believe. We just shut down a 11-1 team and dominated them. If Mitch played just average it would have been a complete blow out. This defense is unreal and the players Pace has drafted are really developing into something. 

I think we have a shot to win the whole thing. 

Yeah I'm mostly sold after last night as well... The concerns now are entirely Trubisky and Fangio related. 

We've got what we need to win a ring, but we need consistency out of Trubisky for a multi game stretch, not unlike how Eli won his super bowls by miraculously playing well for the playoff games, despite his normal inconsistency, and Vic just needs to keep the defense playing sharp the entire game, and perhaps take his foot off the gas pedal a bit less. We've seen him have issues vs great QBs who can play the short game well. 

Best case scenario realistically for us now imo :

Avoiding New Orleans in the NFC race (short passing game with a QB that won't make mistakes) and not getting New England in the Super Bowl. I think we can and should beat everyone else. The most interesting match up possible for us I think is us vs KC for it all... Nagy vs his old team /mentor, Trubisky vs Mahomes, offense vs defense. It's also a game I think we win. 

28 minutes ago, G08 said:

I have an answer to this now:

I will have true confidence if we beat Green Bay this upcoming Sunday. That will prove to my Bears-bruised mind that this the dawn of a new era.

Dude.

They're winning out. 12-4.

And I think you know me well enough to know I'm not really Mr. Optimistic. :)

4 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Dude.

They're winning out. 12-4.

And I think you know me well enough to know I'm not really Mr. Optimistic. :)

May have nothing to play for against Minny.  If that happens it's the Chase Daniel, Tiquan Mizzell, Kevin White show.  Now if LA or NO drops one of the next 2, its balls out

5 hours ago, G08 said:

I have an answer to this now:

I will have true confidence if we beat Green Bay this upcoming Sunday. That will prove to my Bears-bruised mind that this the dawn of a new era.

My thoughts as well. Even under Lovie we could never beat GB and there's nothing GB would love more than to play spoiler and keep us from locking up the division. That said, we just decisively beat the Rams but Bears GB is always just a completely different animal. My head says Bears win easy but my heart has too many painful memories of being curb stomped by the Pack. They win this game and I'm a believer until this era of Bears football is over.

17 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

May have nothing to play for against Minny.  If that happens it's the Chase Daniel, Tiquan Mizzell, Kevin White show.  Now if LA or NO drops one of the next 2, its balls out

Vikings just fired DeFilippo. Apparently some kind of meltdown is happening up in the Twin Cities, it's not confined to Green Bay. At this rate, there's a chance the backups beat the Vikes anyway...

I have the confidence now that we are way better and will play hard the entire game. Our coaches learned a big lesson on opening day. Now, my confidence is there, but just like all other teams, the NFL wants close games. We can win a lot of games if we execute, minimize turnovers and pay attention to the little details. No follower of any team should ever be 100% confident until the game is nearly over. That makes for exciting games and that is what the NFL wants. 

My confidence grows every time we play a game. It is all so new. All the changes are hard to execute, but we are far ahead of what I thought we would do because we have terrific coaches. 

Pace has done a great job in almost every aspect, even though he has made several mistakes. Very hard to make every decision turn out. 

Archived