Reggie McKenzie out as GM

Silver&Black88

1 hour ago, Nodisrespect said:

Was he really a bad drafter overall? I'm still not convenienced, is they're some chart or comparison against other GMs?

The bigger problem is Mark Davis has a penchant for meddling similar to AL.

Gruden might be the only guy who will keep Mark in check, if so then maybe Gruden has a chance. Maybe Mark gave Gruden that contract so he couldn't fire him, sort of a fail safe against more emotional choices by Mark.

This. 

The DE he drafted is helping his team to the playoffs. 

The WR he took just put over 200 yards and 2tds. 

Joesph and Conely look like they might be rounding into form. 

By all accounts as well he wanted to take Derwin James over Miller. 

I wont defend his second round picks because everyone but Carr has been a bust. 

After the second it’s a total crapshoot. 

Reggie has been a good GM, he just has had good coaching to take these player to the next level. Man i wish they would have gotten someone else as HC. 

14 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I can't see any source behind this article. Why is it different then any speculation before?

I'm not saying it isn't right, but I can't see why do people look at this as a credible information...

There is no source. It isn't different.

The haters will keep trying to create drama. People will says what are they suppose to say but I think this is more noise.

I tip my hat to McKenzie. He was the GM the Raiders needed in the post Al-Davis era. But, he sunk this team with a lot of mismanaged drafts as of late. Too many reach picks trying to hit on potential. 

Scot Mccloughan is a name that Davis had interest in in the past. He's an excellent talent evaluator and would be among my preferred choices.

What about Dave Razzano? What's his role exactly? Does he just get elevated to GM?

25 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Reggie missed on some picks but coaching also didn't help or use some picks right.

It's never one thing. That's a great point. However, RM's staff showed they were not strong in talent evaluations. Too many early missed picks sunk this team. 

Watson, Edwards Jr., Ward, Obi, etc. you can't have no production on 2nd round picks. 

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I tip my hat to McKenzie. He was the GM the Raiders needed in the post Al-Davis era. But, he sunk this team with a lot of mismanaged drafts as of late. Too many reach picks trying to hit on potential. 

Scot Mccloughan is a name that Davis had interest in in the past. He's an excellent talent evaluator and would be among my preferred choices.

What about Dave Razzano? What's his role exactly? Does he just get elevated to GM?

Scot has some serious trouble with alcohol. I would welcome him as some chief scout, but as a GM not sure...

31 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Scot has some serious trouble with alcohol. I would welcome him as some chief scout, but as a GM not sure...

He would be GM in title only, let's be real. You want his talent eval skills and input and that's what you're hiring. Gruden is the GM and has final say regardless. So would work IMO

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He would be GM in title only, let's be real. You want his talent eval skills and input and that's what you're hiring. Gruden is the GM and has final say regardless. So would work IMO

I know McGloughan left the Skins because of conflict, so I wonder what his relationship was like with Jay Gruden. If it was a poor one, I couldn’t see him coming to the Raiders. However, maybe that was just a conflict with Snyder and Allen more than Gruden. 

Reggie has been a good GM with exception to trade value and draft picks. It's almost like he gets too cute at times. He's probably been better than most at first round picks, but outside of the first round, and I'm not sure what metrics he's looking at, but he continually passes up generally known great football players for these more unknown small school players. That's the biggest issue I have, that and trade value. I'd imagine working in tandem with Gruden that goes away, so I don't see the dire need to get rid of him.

Archived