Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 2/7/2020 at 8:14 PM, agarcia34 said:

Hall is good against the run. Leaves a lot to be desired against the pass. I don't think his roster spot is guaranteed. Rod Marinelli got talent to work with, but still need another guy at DT. 

You crazy if you don't have him as a lock. 

PJ Hall is an absolute near lock to make the team in ‘20.  Hall started 12 of the 16 games he played and played 551 snaps, which was 53% of our defensive snaps.  

Hall was a major contributor to the better run defense.  I’d like to see him get more pass rushes from the 3Tech next year.  I think he get 5-7 sacks a year.  He’s shown he can be very explosive.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

There are a handful of players who are a lock to make the team and to call PJ Hall one is very optimistic. You can say chances of him making the team are good but to call it a lock is crazy. DT will be addressed and that’s why I say his position on the team is not a lock. 

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

There are a handful of players who are a lock to make the team and to call PJ Hall one is very optimistic. You can say chances of him making the team are good but to call it a lock is crazy. DT will be addressed and that’s why I say his position on the team is not a lock. 

So you think we are adding 2 DTs that are better than Hall? I can see them bringing in a FA or draft pick, but not both. Too many holes on defense to double up on DT. LB yes, CB maybe, DT hell no.

• Like 1

12 starts, 53% of defensive snaps, ascending player, rookie contract... i can’t see Hall not making the team.   He played pretty good last year.  I think he’s actually in line for a semi-breakout season next year.  
We’re not going to acquire 2 better DTs in the draft and free agency.  We’ll likely add a depth player.  I think it’s likely we resign Dion Jordan, who gets snaps at DT on passing downs.  We have too many holes on defense and WR to invest so heavy at DT that Hall is expandable.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

12 starts, 53% of defensive snaps, ascending player, rookie contract... i can’t see Hall not making the team.   He played pretty good last year.  I think he’s actually in line for a semi-breakout season next year.  
We’re not going to acquire 2 better DTs in the draft and free agency.  We’ll likely add a depth player.  I think it’s likely we resign Dion Jordan, who gets snaps at DT on passing downs.  We have too many holes on defense and WR to invest so heavy at DT that Hall is expandable.  

I think even if we bring in 2 DTs we would still keep Hall.  We have 3 signed but Hankins is in the final year of his contract.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

100% locks - Carr, Ingold, Jacobs, Richard, Williams, Renefrow, Waller, Moreau, Miller, Incognito, Hudson, Brown, Ferrell, Crosby, Key, Hall, Hurst, Mullen, Johnson, Joyner, Abrams, Harris. 

90+% locks - Jones, Jackson, Hankins, Good, Carrier, James, Cole

Highly likely - Whitehead, Parker, Nixon, Sharpe

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

100% locks - Carr, Ingold, Jacobs, Richard, Williams, Renefrow, Waller, Moreau, Miller, Incognito, Hudson, Brown, Ferrell, Crosby, Key, Hall, Hurst, Mullen, Johnson, Joyner, Abrams, Harris. 

90+% locks - Jones, Jackson, Hankins, Good, Carrier, James, Cole

Highly likely - Whitehead, Parker, Nixon, Sharpe

Whitehead is highly likely to what?. They took him off the field towards the end of the season for career backups. No way he is highly likely. 

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hall is a reason why people want to upgrade the DT position. Hurst and Hall have been letdowns, let’s call a spade a spade ♠️ 

He hasn't been a letdown unless you had some unrealistic expectations for him.  I think this whole defense will look better if we just add some NFL LBs.

• Like 2