Oregon QB Justin Herbert to return to school for senior season

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Always thought it was weird when people criticize others business decisions. 

I have no issues with any player returning to college (or declaring early), but that doesn't mean they're not going to be criticized.  Looking at this from a pure professional standpoint, it's hard to understand the logic in this decision.  He's a near consensus top QB, and probably a top 10 lock.  He returns to college and next year he has Tua, Jake From, Jacob Eason, etc. for top QB. 

If he isn't ready he isn't ready. I don't think his season was that impressive outside of the Stanford game he regressed a bit. If playing with his brother helps him improve on this year so be it. I have him going #2 next year over Fromm and Eason and behind only Tua who by the way could do without the injuries every season now.

15 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

he already declared and i hope the giants take a 1 year college starter most successful nfl qbs have over 30 starts in college.

Not that I'm aware of? 

I've heard that he's likely to declare, but nothing actually announced as of yet. 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:
28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

he already declared and i hope the giants take a 1 year college starter most successful nfl qbs have over 30 starts in college.

Not that I'm aware of? 

I've heard that he's likely to declare, but nothing actually announced as of yet. 

no he has not yet declared. Potentially with Herbert staying, would lock him up as the #1 QB and potentially get him drafted higher. 

There is potential with a Brian Hartline tweet that potentially Haskins stays but who knows. If both Haskins and Herbert stay, this could be an awful QB class. This could top the '13 QB class

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

no he has not yet declared. Potentially with Herbert staying, would lock him up as the #1 QB and potentially get him drafted higher. 

There is potential with a Brian Hartline tweet that potentially Haskins stays but who knows. If both Haskins and Herbert stay, this could be an awful QB class. This could top the '13 QB class

which will only continue the discussion about the giants passing on a QB last year. 

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

He's not ready to lead a locker room full of men, tbh. He's been getting better but he's not there yet. NYC would eat him alive, chew on him and then spit him out.

I mean...has Eli ever inspired confidence as a stereotypical "leader"?

If you play well, nothing else matters.

How can anyone be called a sure fire anything at this point in the process?  Especially with how much teams weigh the combine, individual workouts, meetings, etc.  We've seen COUNTLESS times prospect literally fall and rise in the draft because of a damn combine workout in track clothes. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Lock is better than Geno and EJ were.

39 minutes ago, showtime said:

How can anyone be called a sure fire anything at this point in the process? 

This time two years ago, people were calling Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson 2nd/3rd round prospects. This time last year, people were saying Josh Rosen was the most pro ready QB, Baker Mayfield wasn't #1 pick material and Josh Allen was a project at QB.

Moral of the story is that none of these people - on this site or elsewhere - know what they're talking about. 

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This time two years ago, people were calling Trubisky/Mahomes/Watson 2nd/3rd round prospects. This time last year, people were saying Josh Rosen was the most pro ready QB, Baker Mayfield wasn't #1 pick material and Josh Allen was a project at QB.

Moral of the story is that none of these people - on this site or elsewhere - know what they're talking about except @Forge

Aww, thanks buddy. 

Archived