Joker

Mox

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

When is the US going to fall into pure chaos because of this movie? I was told this was going to happen.

Typical fake hysteria mustered up because of the Aurora/Dark Knight Rises shooting in 2012 and the false narrative that the shooter was inspired by the Joker, which he wasnt.    Just a psycho with dyed hair that was looking for a big gathering of people, and it happened to be a Batman movie.

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Typical fake hysteria mustered up because of the Aurora/Dark Knight Rises shooting in 2012 and the false narrative that the shooter was inspired by the Joker, which he wasnt.    Just a psycho with dyed hair that was looking for a big gathering of people, and it happened to be a Batman movie.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I honestly think there were members of the media who deep down actually wanted something bad to happen with the release of this movie just to help push their narrative.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I honestly think there were members of the media who deep down actually wanted something bad to happen with the release of this movie just to help push their narrative.

Its not cynical at all.  They fear monger constantly.  Its a known fact.   Its a big reason I dont have cable.  Mainstream journalism is dying and they are terrified, and they dont care about anything except money, which is why they constantly manufacture drama we wouldnt otherwise have.   

If you want real,  relatively unbias journalism, you have to look for it beyond television.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its not cynical at all.  They fear monger constantly.  Its a known fact.   Its a big reason I dont have cable.  Mainstream journalism is dying and they are terrified, and they dont care about anything except money, which is why they constantly manufacture drama we wouldnt otherwise have.   

If you want real,  relatively unbias journalism, you have to look for it beyond television.  

Yeah...it's kinda sad. And both sides are guilty of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Journalism has been replaced by activism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Journalism has been replaced by activism. 

Eh not really. Depends on the type of journalism I guess. Investigative journalism has always been on the peripherals of activism. I think the weakness of "journalism" now is the mixing of opinion and news. Most peoples news diet consists mostly of information burritos where the tortilla is factual news, but the fillings are all opinion about the news. Just look at prime time cable programming and online featured articles. All pretty much people commentating on news. Its sad that people are lazy enough to outsource their critical thinking, and bunker themselves in "news" that supports their worldview. As far a news outlets, don't blame the player, blame the game. News commentary is way more profitable than hard news. Want to fix it? Remove the profit incentive of multimedia news. 

Anyway, as stated before, the whole "dangers of Joker" was just astroturf advertising by Warner Brothers. Enough pockets were greased about this idea that eventually mainstream outlets had to comment about it. 

21 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Eh not really. Depends on the type of journalism I guess. Investigative journalism has always been on the peripherals of activism. I think the weakness of "journalism" now is the mixing of opinion and news. Most peoples news diet consists mostly of information burritos where the tortilla is factual news, but the fillings are all opinion about the news. Just look at prime time cable programming and online featured articles. All pretty much people commentating on news. Its sad that people are lazy enough to outsource their critical thinking, and bunker themselves in "news" that supports their worldview. As far a news outlets, don't blame the player, blame the game. News commentary is way more profitable than hard news. Want to fix it? Remove the profit incentive of multimedia news. 

Anyway, as stated before, the whole "dangers of Joker" was just astroturf advertising by Warner Brothers. Enough pockets were greased about this idea that eventually mainstream outlets had to comment about it. 

Maybe I didn't convey what I meant correctly but that's what I was trying to say. News is no longer about fact, it's about opinion. 

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

Sorry, but the "tortillas" are often fake too....or at least, its a tortilla made with artificial ingredients no one should be eating.

When opinions and pushing agendas matter more than the actual facts, journalism is truly dead.  You can say they have always done that, but its far more blatant and destructive now more than ever with the help of social media.

Problem is, people dont want to talk to or listen to those with opposing viewpoints anymore. They just get comfy in their echo chambers, become emotionally weak, and then freak out when they are confronted with views that dont align with their own.