Joker

Mox

This film was a masterpiece. Phoenix was unbelievable. There is little else I can say. It was so well done, so many layers, so many mixed emotions. The teeter-tottering between empathy and hate for Joker.

Phoenix should easily win an Oscar for this, but since the film didn't deal with the right topics he wont.

lol at the idea that Endgame was less 'dragging on' than this film. To each their own I suppose.

• Like 3

I saw it on Saturday and I keep thinking about it. It's been a long time since I've seen a movie that made me keep thinking about it for days after seeing it. Might have to go back and see it again in theaters, which is something I never do.

It was incredible. I felt super awkward since I saw it solo but it was great. When the ambulance hit the police car my first thought was it needed a sequel and I never really think movies need sequels lol  

One thing I’m lost on is his age. He looks like 40 in the 70s and Bruce Wayne is like 20 years from being Batman so are we going to have a 60 year old joker?

46 minutes ago, Tyty said:

It was incredible. I felt super awkward since I saw it solo but it was great. When the ambulance hit the police car my first thought was it needed a sequel and I never really think movies need sequels lol  

One thing I’m lost on is his age. He looks like 40 in the 70s and Bruce Wayne is like 20 years from being Batman so are we going to have a 60 year old joker?

Theory is he inspires the real joker.

13 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This film was a masterpiece. Phoenix was unbelievable. There is little else I can say. It was so well done, so many layers, so many mixed emotions. The teeter-tottering between empathy and hate for Joker.

Phoenix should easily win an Oscar for this, but since the film didn't deal with the right topics he wont.

lol at the idea that Endgame was less 'dragging on' than this film. To each their own I suppose.

What topics was it missing? It wasn't celebrating gay/black/women.

But it also was highly critical of our nation's health care system and gun control. While setting the media up to talk about the dangers of white dude's.

It may not have played Oscar political bingo, but it's not like it was a film telling people to nut up or espousing the values of typical gender roles.

This pretty much. It didn't play 2019 Oscar bingo and for that reason wont get any accolades.

The movie barely has a fresh rating from critics. Movies with 68% RT ratings don't get awards.

I disagree vehemently with the above, but its the truth in the industry right now.

27 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

This pretty much. It didn't play 2019 Oscar bingo and for that reason wont get any accolades.

The movie barely has a fresh rating from critics. Movies with 68% RT ratings don't get awards.

I disagree vehemently with the above, but its the truth in the industry right now.

Bohemian Rhapsody

20 hours ago, Tyty said:

I heard some places weren't letting people purchase tickets by themselves to go see this movie. LOL

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But it also was highly critical of our nation's health care system and gun control. While setting the media up to talk about the dangers of white dude's.

It may not have played Oscar political bingo, but it's not like it was a film telling people to nut up or espousing the values of typical gender roles.

Which is why the PC critics don't like it. The movie portrays a white man as being a vulnerable victim of society, which goes against the entire narrative of SJW thinking.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Which is why the PC critics don't like it. The movie portrays a white man as being a vulnerable victim of society, which goes against the entire narrative of SJW thinking.

It also portrays a white man as being a deranged menace to society, their favorite narrative. 

• Like 2

It also portrays a white man as being a deranged menace to society, their favorite narrative. 

The above is what they hate more than anything, nuance and shades of grey.