Joker

Mox

4 hours ago, D82 said:

Dude...

What he said was spot on.   Hollywood virtue signals nonstop, even though its full of the most depraved, hypocritical scumbags this world has to offer.

Same reason Black Panther was up for best picture.  Good superhero movie, but anyone who believes it got nominated for best picture due to the actual quality of the movie is delusional or blissfully ignorant.

And for the record, I never saw Bohemian Rhapsody...so I cant say much about it.  Just saying, never put it past Hollywood to overhype or glamourize a movie that fits the agendas they push....just like they drag movies like Joker and Rambo through the mud for not going along with it.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Leto is method actor isnt he? I  can understand his frustration but his Joker was not really good and would have worked better on a sitcom like gotham. 

His Joker sucked regardless where you put it.     

I think Leto couldve pulled off a great Joker, but the version we got was laughably bad IMO.    

DC has failed big time with the villains.    Michael Shannon was good as Zod, but BvS, Justice League, Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad was a trainwreck.    Patrick Wilson was fine, and Mack Strong was actually amazing in Shazam (he shouldve played Lex), but everything else has been bad.      Not counting JP's Joker since that was a standalone film outside of the DCEU.  

On 10/20/2019 at 8:37 AM, Fresh Prince said:

If we talking strictly joker, heaths is way better than Joaquin.

On 10/20/2019 at 9:18 AM, seminoles1 said:

Two completely different performances.

Agree.

I thought they were both excellent.  And excellent in different ways.