Joker

Mox

10 hours ago, OhioG said:

Joker at almost $900 million. 

This is considering production and advertising was $90 million.

Talk about a good return on investment

Too bad WB split up production costs, and thus profits, with smaller companies because they were afraid it would disappoint.

• Like 3

The element of journalism that's changed more than anything else is that there is no longer an expectation to avoid any conflict of interest. 

The gaming and movie industries more than any other are just god awful with this due to the necessity of granted access. IGN has never found a gaming studio whose balls it wouldn't happily gargle for early access. Half the movie "reviews" put out now even by publications considered prestigious read like a press release.

This is one of the reasons that I find the argument of trolls and hackers on sites like Rotten Tomatoes to be ridiculous. Have you read the fan section reviews of Terminator Dark Fate on Rotten Tomatoes? If 50% of those fan 5-star reviews aren't from bot accounts paid for by the studio, my name is Roger Ebert. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Elky said:

Just make a series out of Batman villain origin stories. My Heart of Ice movie idea was pretty popular.

Personally I thought this should have been the idea from the start. Since DC wanted to be darker then Marvel they should have focused on the villains first and then work on the heroes who rise to meet them.

Next redo Lex Luthor.

7 hours ago, Elky said:

Just make a series out of Batman villain origin stories. My Heart of Ice movie idea was pretty popular.

I would entertain this idea, but then you run the risk of them being too similar and following a cookie cutter trend set by Joker.

• 1 month later...