Joker

Mox

On 10/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, Calvert28 said:

OMG I JUST SAW IT holy mother of God I can actually understand why some didnt want this shown in theaters. This hits you in the face with violence in a way I've seen few movies do. I really dont think I've seen a character piece this good since There Will Be Blood. 

On par with Endgame IMO, like Jesus Christ Phoenix out did himself in this movie. 

Not even close endgame was entertaining this movie dragged till they very end  

On 10/9/2019 at 12:59 PM, KManX89 said:

Alas, Ryan from Screen Rant made a Joker Pitch Meeting vid (it was only a matter of time!):

But yeah, gotta love this whole "glorification of violence" spiel incels are spewing towards this movie. Where was the outcry for the Saw movies glorifying torture and murder or Hannibal glorifying/encouraging cannibalism when that came out?

Yeah, John Wick 3 just came out a couple months ago, and that was just a guy killing for two straight hours.    Not a peep about that movie.  

The outrage mob is so pathetic, they pick and choose what to get pissed about, even though it usually makes no sense and is laughably hypocritical.

Fortunately, most of their efforts backfire, and the things they target often end up doing better because of their whining.

20 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Yeah, John Wick 3 just came out a couple months ago, and that was just a guy killing for two straight hours.    Not a peep about that movie.  

The outrage mob is so pathetic, they pick and choose what to get pissed about, even though it usually makes no sense and is laughably hypocritical.

Fortunately, most of their efforts backfire, and the things they target often end up doing better because of their whining.

JP and WB said it best in their response to the "critics", it's not the filmmakers' damn jobs to teach moral lessons in their movies nor are they an extension of said filmmakers. You could maybe argue Tom Six is a sick fk for his THC movies and passing them off as "art" and perhaps the directors of Salo and A Serbian Film as well, but that's about it.

• Like 1

I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic and even better than I expected. Definitely a slow burn but it was worth it.

As for the violence, there was only that one scene where the violence was really intense. But there was always a feeling of discomfort over the course of the entire film.

And like others have said, the score was really good. Definitely added to the intensity of the film.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Over 550 million WW on 50 mill production budget. No way they don’t make a sequel. 

I predicted $420 mil WW, it's already surpassed that in only its second week.

This COULD end up doing Deadpool numbers, or better.

On 10/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Over 550 million WW on 50 mill production budget. No way they don’t make a sequel. 

I guess my question is why didn't they lead into Harley Quinn?  I mean, they could have at the very end had a lady (just show her legs) walking down the hallway...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I guess my question is why didn't they lead into Harley Quinn?  I mean, they could have at the very end had a lady (just show her legs) walking down the hallway...

I dont think they did this movie for a possible trilogy. Seems they just wanted to do a great movie. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

This Joker movie is a standalone entry that exists outside the DCEU.

That was outstanding for so many reasons. I like both Jack and Ledger’s versions very much but this one has so much to chew on.  The backstory and the macabre empathy you can’t help feel for him until you no longer could was so well done.  And the craftsmanship from Phillips and his DP were exemplary.  This just showed every DCU movie how it’s done.