Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Cool. Cleveland can keep an unhappy Kyrie than.

Im fine with Rozier running PG for a few months while IT recovers. Im totally fine with keeping the Nets pick.

You say this as if Crowder and IT won't be unhappy.

Ultimately I think this deal gets done, Boston probably tosses in another pick, nothing too crazy.

I think the ideas that Tatum or the Lakers pick are included is crazy talk.

The C's will sweeten the pot as they have assets to burn and want this deal done, Koby won't ask for moon.

14 hours ago, utley4568 said:

You say this as if Crowder and IT won't be unhappy.

Isaiah Thomas is in a contract year and has never gotten a huge deal.  He has no choice but to play his butt off.  Now, there's probably no doubt he leaves the Celtics in the off-season, but he is going to need to replicate his career year if he wants to get paid the money he desires.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Isaiah Thomas is in a contract year and has never gotten a huge deal.  He has no choice but to play his butt off.  Now, there's probably no doubt he leaves the Celtics in the off-season, but he is going to need to replicate his career year if he wants to get paid the money he desires.

He doesnt have to have a career year like he had last year. NBA hands out huge contracts for guys who have done far, far less. If he shows he is healthy and his hip is fine he is going to get paid. Comes down to boston if they want to get something for him or nothing. If they dont trade him, it sounds like he is going to leave but who knows

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ultimately I think this deal gets done, Boston probably tosses in another pick, nothing too crazy.

I think the ideas that Tatum or the Lakers pick are included is crazy talk.

The C's will sweeten the pot as they have assets to burn and want this deal done, Koby won't ask for moon.

Yep. Simple negotiation tactics. In the end Coby needs to get a fair deal done. He needs to build a reputation. 

And to some in here, it's like you have never negotiated jack crap in your life. 

13 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Sounds like trade will go through. Cavs didn't have any leverage in that situation IMO. Celtics offered by far the best asset they were going to get in any deal.

Saw a report the Cavs want Tatum and Brown now.

4 minutes ago, tom cody said:

So were does Irving go if this deal falls through? Can't see the Cavs sticking with an unhappy Irving.

He'll go to Boston. This is just the cavs trying to milk the Celtics for all they can get. 

I think at most this will become a 3 way deal with IT going elsewhere and a more defensive minded PG coming to Cleveland. 

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He'll go to Boston. This is just the cavs trying to milk the Celtics for all they can get. 

I think at most this will become a 3 way deal with IT going elsewhere and a more defensive minded PG coming to Cleveland. 

Which would be ideal, I'm not high on Thomas. Definitely wouldn't max him out.