Dirk Koetter axed

Elky

16 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Loggains apparently thought he was getting the Chicago job when Fox was on the hot seat. Any tweets to see if he thinks he has a shot at the TB job? lol

What does Dowell Loggains have to do with TB? At least Dowell Loggains was associated with the Bears at that time.

Seems like a pretty random comment.

38 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Deserved. Hell, Todd Monken is a better offensive mind than Koetter. No reason to keep him around when he's adding nothing.

And the crazy part was - Koetter's solution to the Tampa woes was to take OVER play calling from Monken.  That led to the WAS / NYG disaster games.

Frankly, if TAM can find a D-minded HC and keeps Monken, I'd be very optimistic the Bucs can turn it around.   Lost in all the haze of a lost season was the fact Winston was fine after being re-inserted into the lineup after the WAS/NYG 1H debacle.  They only need a small OL upgrade, otherwise that's a juggernaut O (also need a receiving RB threat, but those can be found easiest of all in the draft).   The D needs work, but that's where getting a good D-minded HC and keeping Monken comes in.

20 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

They never should have fired Lovie. At least, how they did...

Yup.  Some Bucs fans ripped me at the time for suggesting that it was stupid to fire Lovie because they were already sold on the idea of promoting Dirk.  Well we now see how that turned out in the end

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Yup.  Some Bucs fans ripped me at the time for suggesting that it was stupid to fire Lovie because they were already sold on the idea of promoting Dirk.  Well we now see how that turned out in the end

Lovie had a 8-24 record. He was awful.

Archived