Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Jamal is recruiting the wrong players. I know he wants to win but a 31 year old WR with an attitude is only worth it if he comes very cheap.

Recruit bell here Jamal, a guy still on the right side of 30.

AB being 31 at WR is probably equal to Bell being 27 at RB. So the age thing is overrated here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

June 1st is a month after 2019's NFL draft.  After the draft, trade talk should make sense for both Jets and Steelers.  Focus on FA and draft before turn the attention to Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Bell's price is out of reach, I'm open to trading a 2020 conditional pick for Fournette and drafting a WR this year to mold into our #1. Fournette is only 23 and stats suffered because he had to play against stacked boxes and had 2 of the top 10 rushing defenses in his division this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

If Bell's price is out of reach, I'm open to trading a 2020 conditional pick for Fournette and drafting a WR this year to mold into our #1. Fournette is only 23 and stats suffered because he had to play against stacked boxes and had 2 of the top 10 rushing defenses in his division this year.  

I'd be ok if they are selling low but I was never a Fournette fan and his concerns I had in college have carried over to the NFL.

Totally overrated as a prospect because he is big and fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any rumors about Jets could have Leonard Fourette?

 

Just kidding. I can believe that Jets can get Fourette for cheap because his 5th option has to be picked up or declined after 2019. One bad season and dump him immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d pass on Leonard tbh, has an injury problem that’s followed him from college and I get Trent Richardson vibes from him tbh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you guys are crazy not to get Fournette. I would take him over A. Brown. If we miss out on Bell Fournette should be our next focus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy not to get Fournette. I would take him over A. Brown. If we miss out on Bell Fournette should be our next focus. 

Fournette is a bigger, faster version of Crowell. Not a great fit for what most of us want the Jets to do offensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you guys are crazy not to get Fournette. I would take him over A. Brown. If we miss out on Bell Fournette should be our next focus. 

That would be dumb. Fournette hasn't even proven to be THAT good in the NFL, certainly nowhere near the impact player AB has been. Not only that but he has poor work ethic and injury prone, you can't say that about AB. Also a lot easier to find RB's than WR's. No thanks on Fournette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

Is there any news on Kareem Hunt? 

This I'd be a lot more ok with. He may be a thug but he's way more skilled than Fournette. If we were to trade for Fournette, we might as well just sign Mark Ingram and not give up any draft capital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clowney will be franchise tagged if Houston can’t sign him long term per Ian Rap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown will be traded. Many have spoken about how could the team pay a player $20 million for not being there, but remember, they just tied up $15 million in cap space on a player (Bell) that didn't play. 

They'll get that $15 million credit this year, and Kevin Colbert/Omar Khan may use that credit to "soften the blow" of getting rid of Brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Antonio Brown will be traded. Many have spoken about how could the team pay a player $20 million for not being there, but remember, they just tied up $15 million in cap space on a player (Bell) that didn't play. 

They'll get that $15 million credit this year, and Kevin Colbert/Omar Khan may use that credit to "soften the blow" of getting rid of Brown. 

Maybe but not before June 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×