2017 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

On 10/3/2017 at 6:01 PM, playmaker8267 said:

Hickey had an incredible run with the Rays. He'll get scooped up in a hurry.

maybe he could become the Indians new pitching coach once mickey callaway gets hired away from Tito

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 5:25 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Sounds like the Cardinals want Josh Donaldson pretty bad. What is the type of package the Jays would get ? Alex Reyes +

Not a chance.  At this point, Alex Reyes is probably not going to get moved.  His value is higher than he'd fetch in a trade.  His injury pretty much sunk his trade value, and the Cardinals would get a fraction of his real value.  Add in Luke Weaver's future in the rotation, and he's probably not available either.  I'd think something around Jack Flaherty makes sense, but I'm not sure the Cardinals would move Flaherty for a potential rental.  I think they'd want something more in return.  The problem is that I don't see a deal that would work for the Blue Jays that didn't include Jack Flaherty.  Probably could include Carson Kelly in that as well.  I don't think Tyler O'Neill, Harrison Bader, or Magneuris Sierra have the kind of value to headline a Donaldson trade.  Would Kolten Wong have much value to the Jays?

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not a chance.  At this point, Alex Reyes is probably not going to get moved.  His value is higher than he'd fetch in a trade.  His injury pretty much sunk his trade value, and the Cardinals would get a fraction of his real value.  Add in Luke Weaver's future in the rotation, and he's probably not available either.  I'd think something around Jack Flaherty makes sense, but I'm not sure the Cardinals would move Flaherty for a potential rental.  I think they'd want something more in return.  The problem is that I don't see a deal that would work for the Blue Jays that didn't include Jack Flaherty.  Probably could include Carson Kelly in that as well.  I don't think Tyler O'Neill, Harrison Bader, or Magneuris Sierra have the kind of value to headline a Donaldson trade.  Would Kolten Wong have much value to the Jays?

lol

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not a fan of Wong but 2B is a black hole with Travis missing 75% of his games. I don't know much of your prospect pool outside of Weaver, Reyes, Flaherty and Kelly ( who would be a good get )

Archived