2017 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There's no way the Yankees can top Johan Santana in a winner-take-all match...wait...ERVIN Santana? Nevermind. ;)

Ervin Ramon Santana (born December 12, 1982) is a Dominican professional baseball pitcher for the Minnesota Twins of Major League Baseball (MLB). He has also played in MLB for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Kansas City Royals, and Atlanta Braves.

Santana was born Johan Ramon Santana, and used that name throughout his life until 2003. At that time, he decided to change his name to avoid having the same name as pitching star Johan Santana.[1] According to Ervin Santana, "I just came up with Ervin... Ervin Santana, that sounds good."[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ervin_Santana

15 hours ago, NewAge said:

The Yankees shouldn't. Bullpen game. 

That is a terrible idea. 

Win or go home scenario? You absolutely give the ball to the guy who's been lights out all season.. You don't declare it a "bullpen game" and assume you're getting to the next round lol.

The entire playoffs is a "bullpen game". Pitchers have shorter leashes. You go to the pen earlier than normal. But there's zero chance the Yankees don't pitch Severino in a do or die scenario.

Really happy with the playoffs. But god damn it, why is it every time we're on the upswing we run into the damn Yankees in the playoffs?

Oh it's 09 and Mauer's MVP season has dragged us kicking and screaming into the playoffs? Yeah lets play the Yankees.

Oh it's 2010 and we've had our best regular season since the early 90s? Lets run into the Yankees.

Best turn around in MLB history from a 100 loss team to a wild card spot? The reward? The bloody Yankees.

I'm going to have more salt than the dead sea if that team knocks us out again.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

That is a terrible idea. 

Win or go home scenario? You absolutely give the ball to the guy who's been lights out all season.. You don't declare it a "bullpen game" and assume you're getting to the next round lol.

The entire playoffs is a "bullpen game". Pitchers have shorter leashes. You go to the pen earlier than normal. But there's zero chance the Yankees don't pitch Severino in a do or die scenario.

Severino is one of the best starters in baseball. The Yankees still have five relievers with a lower ERA than him and that doesn't even include Chapman. Those six guys pitched together is as good or better than literally any starter in baseball.

14 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Really happy with the playoffs. But god damn it, why is it every time we're on the upswing we run into the damn Yankees in the playoffs?

Oh it's 09 and Mauer's MVP season has dragged us kicking and screaming into the playoffs? Yeah lets play the Yankees.

Oh it's 2010 and we've had our best regular season since the early 90s? Lets run into the Yankees.

Best turn around in MLB history from a 100 loss team to a wild card spot? The reward? The bloody Yankees.

Hey maybe you get the Red Sox... i mean they do have to play a 4 game series with the Astros. Astros could very well take 3 games against them. 

5 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Severino is one of the best starters in baseball. The Yankees still have five relievers with a lower ERA than him and that doesn't even include Chapman. Those six guys pitched together is as good or better than literally any starter in baseball.

This issue with that your taking a risk and hope they all have there best stuff. Chances are one of them could have an off day.

Although having 5 our 6 starting pitcher pitch one inning then give it off to bull pen may not be a bad strategy.

19 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

This issue with that your taking a risk and hope they all have there best stuff. Chances are one of them could have an off day.

Although having 5 our 6 starting pitcher pitch one inning then give it off to bull pen may not be a bad strategy.

By that token, Severino also could not have best stuff.

I get the hesitation though since it's an unorthodox strategy never quite pulled off before. But I think some team will do it soon enough in the WCG and the Yankees would be a great candidate given the strength of their bullpen.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm a Yankees fan that lives in Rochester, NY so I frequent Red Wings games. I root for the Twins to be good because of the relation they have to my home town. 

Sad we have to take you guys out again. Hopefully the Red Sox crap the bed and you guys whip them in the WC game, and we meet up in the ALCS. lol

1 hour ago, NewAge said:

I'm with you here. I'd even let CC pitch the first 3 innings. 

CC-3IP

Green-2IP

Khanle-1IP

Robertson-1IP

Betances- 1IP

Chapman-1IP

Archived