2017 MLB Gameday Thread

Eagles27

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Boss, look at your record against us in recent years, go back as far as you want. Yes, own.

Just looked it up, Twins have posted 15 straight losing seasons against the Yankees, a 31-78 record, with what 3 post season series losses?

Anything can happen in one game, obviously. I'm assuming they start Santana, but Berrios scares me the most because when he's on he's lights out 

6 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Just looked it up, Twins have posted 15 straight losing seasons against the Yankees, a 31-78 record, with what 3 post season series losses?

Anything can happen in one game, obviously. I'm assuming they start Santana, but Berrios scares me the most because when he's on he's lights out 

Ok if you go back a few years then yes the Yankees own us.  :D

Santana will probably start just due to the importance of the game.

8 minutes ago, mission27 said:

They can't bring their bullpen in in the first inning lol.  We only have six good relievers.

Have CC go one time through the order or something so the Twins have a righty-heavy lineup. Then bring in Chad Green or someone in the third inning and have them a face a bunch of hard throwing RHPs until Chapman comes in. 

13 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Have CC go one time through the order or something so the Twins have a righty-heavy lineup. Then bring in Chad Green or someone in the third inning and have them a face a bunch of hard throwing RHPs until Chapman comes in. 

You don't know Girardi.  If he brought Chad Green in in the third, we'd have already used Chapman by the sixth. 

He's not capable of leaving people in games.

Just now, mission27 said:

You don't know Girardi.  If he brought Chad Green in in the third, we'd have already used Chapman by the sixth. 

He's not capable of leaving people in games.

Yeah, not saying Girardi could pull it off. Just saying that might honestly be the best strategy. Try to get 7+ innings from your 6 relievers. And leave someone (one of the good relievers or your Game 1 ALDS starter) for extras. You'd have enough time for all the relievers to return to full rest by the start of the ALDS and Severino and Gray ready to start the first two games. 

You could also use a guy like Chance Adams but I digress. 

9 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Ok if you go back a few years then yes the Yankees own us.  :D

Santana will probably start just due to the importance of the game.

There's no way the Yankees can top Johan Santana in a winner-take-all match...wait...ERVIN Santana? Nevermind. ;)

Archived