Trade Brown for what?

mwalker

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it depends on the offers. Honestly, if they offers are close, then sure, you can take a bit of a shave just to irritate brown lol. But if the 49ers (or another quality team, tbh) has by far and away the best offer, I don't think you should cut off your nose to spite your face. 

Oh no, definitely not, I'm just saying that personally the 49ers would have to blow me away with an offer to chose them. They would be the 5th last team or so that I would trade him to right now (I would take an offer from 49ers before the division rivals and maybe NE). I'm not saying that you don't take an offer from them, just that I would want him to go somewhere else specifically because that's where he wants to be. Obviously you favor the better offer, but I would strongly consider taking slightly less from Arizona or a similar team.

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

SF 2019 2nd (close to a late 1st value) and 2020 2nd seems like a fair deal here. 

Hopefully Brown is a Niner soon!!! 

Not a terrible offer, but I hope a bidding war drives up the price.

25 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If we can get a second Plus either a third or a fourth and maybe a second next year I think that's worth it I get that Antonio Brown may be more valuable than anything that we draft but anything that we draft might also end up being more valuable than Antonio Brown in the long run so it's a risk either way right. But if you're going to trade a guy like Antonio Brown getting a first-round pick isn't as important as getting several pics and I mean obviously several good pics but several pics getting a group of guys essentially in return for an elite player. If you're going to get rid of a guy like brown it's got to be for a real future moving forward in my opinion

IMO, if we are being offered 1 second round pick THIS YEAR in replacement of AB....we are better off having the entire team crawl on their hands and knees begging for forgiveness so that he plays. 

The cap space accounted for and the talent lost on a closing championship window do not equal a second round pick. We are not getting like talent no matter what, but a second round pick would be a huge punt.

The offer of a second round pick this year and the promise of another one that will most likely be further down the round would  get a “click” sound response from me. 

29 minutes ago, KJtheWicked said:

If I’m not getting a 1st somewhere in the deal, I’m not trading AB. Just my armchair GM opinion. 

Unfortunately I don't believe this can be the mentality of our front office. At the end of the day what's more important making Antonio Brown happy and us getting the exact return that we want for him or having a real chance at winning a Superbowl? I do not believe with him in the locker room if this drama is going to continue that we have a legitimate chance at the Superbowl I do not believe personalities such as is based on the reports that we know anyway or a positive puzzle piece in the quest to win a Superbowl. I feel that the culture does need a change and obviously given that no meaningful changes to the coaching staff have happened or will happen this year that the player roster is the area where cultural change is going to have to happen. The two significant ways it is going to happen is the loss of Le'Veon Bell and the trading of Antonio Brown. I believe you take the best offer that you are given for Antonio Brown and you move on and at the end of the day as fans we probably won't like the offer although I still think we are going to make a killing but at the end of the day we might not like the offer but I feel that this is the appropriate time to move on from the Antonio Brown and from everything we have seen and heard so far which from Antonio Brown hasn't been much more than trolling I believe there is no other option than to trade him

34 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

I think the most likely trade is Raiders for 1 of their later 1st rd picks...maybe a additional mid to late rd pick thrown in as well.

And I disagree for the sole reason that I think the Raiders are going to Moneyball it for another year.  I think they will dump more talent before their move.

16 minutes ago, jebrick said:

And I disagree for the sole reason that I think the Raiders are going to Moneyball it for another year.  I think they will dump more talent before their move.

I think that the best bet would be to get a 2nd+ offer from the Niners, and shop that around as a 'must beat' offer until they (Niners) come up with an iteration that has their 1st somehow included.  

I think if someone offers a mid-1st+ some, we could get a deal from SF that includes our 1st with 20 part of it.

29 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If it is the 49'ers I can see 2.4 and 2020 #1

If I'm being honest add a late-round picked it up maybe a 5th round pick and I say take that deal. Reason I say that is because let's assume for a second hypothetically that the San Francisco 49ers have a very poor year again next season. That could be the time in which we dropped the true successor to Ben Roethlisberger. And if not that at least a potentially game-changing player

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

this is what I expect. If colbert trades at the first offer, it is a mistake. Colbert and Rooney need to remember that they have the best WR and has been the best for the last 5 years.  That is a HOF player still in his prime and there should be a bidding war.  Let this go on and the bids will get better.

What colbert does with the result though, is what most steeler fans should be even more concerned about though

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think that the best bet would be to get a 2nd+ offer from the Niners, and shop that around as a 'must beat' offer until they (Niners) come up with an iteration that has their 1st somehow included.  

I think if someone offers a mid-1st+ some, we could get a deal from SF that includes our 1st with 20 part of it.

I don't think there's any way in which #2 overall is part of the deal (even if were a swap of picks, that's valuing AB as a top 5 overall pick, and i don't think that he has that kind of value), so I think if the bidding got to a point where it had to be included, the 49ers would pull out and look elsewhere (I could see them putting in a call to the Bengals for AJ Green, the Giants for OBJ, or try and nickel and dime it with someone like Parker from Miami). But it could certainly bump the trade return up if the 49ers are willing to play ball in negotiations for a time, even if they are ultimately not the team that acquires him. There are certainly teams that are going to have to consider making the move for their first. I mean, the Colts should absolutely be considering it. Pick 26, they have 2 second round selections, a ton of money, and a need at wide receiver? They should be all over AB. They are built to win now and moving forward. 

Seattle could be interesting. They have nice receivers in Lockett and Baldwin (injuries playing a factor for the latter, obviously), but they could really use a game changer like AB, particularly if they aren't going to utilize a tight end much. They've also shown a willingness to part with first round picks for established players. Also, if you're the Titans, wouldn't you at least consider #19? I think AB on the Titans could be really, really interesting. 

The thing is, if #2 is off the table, and I suspect it will be, unless the 49ers are willing to offer multiple decent picks, whatever their offer is can be beaten relatively easily by other teams. I think the 49ers will still be aggressive in trying to acquire him, but I think in the end, there will be several teams interested in his services and teams that could probably put together a more appealing package. 

Archived