GDT Birds at Bears Sun. 3:40

dll2000

2 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Dont forget that the Bears are likely to lose Vic Fangio, and might lose Amos, Howard and more to free agency.

I dont know if it's likely that Fangio leaves. Even if alot of those guys do leave I trust Pace in drafting. 

6 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I'm fully on board with Reich getting Coach of the Year status, this game frankly shook my trust in Nagy's capabilities to win when it really matters.  I am happy we have him, but he was certainly the biggest cause of this loss I think

Echoed. He showed promise this year, but to show he is a really good coach he will have to show major improvement in Mitch, his playcalling, and scheme next year. 

Was way too conservative, wanted to avoid the middle of the field too much, calling for routes short of 1st on 3rd down, etc. All should have been cleaned up more by now. 

But it was a damn good season, I hope he reflects and improves his game all around. 

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

I dont know if it's likely that Fangio leaves. Even if alot of those guys do leave I trust Pace in drafting. 

If Fangio goes, that will be a big blow to the team. I'd argue he is more important than Nagy at this point.

21 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

First impression is that this season was a huge waste of a special d. For everyone saying wait til next year, that so rarely happens. They'll have a tougher schedule, they won't be as healthy, Vic might be gone, etc. What a waste. Cody should have been praying to Jobu; JC can't kick field goals. 

You wanna know about wasting a special D, I was married for like 6 years

Couldn’t imagine a more storybook ending for Cody parkey though. So many memes and jokes at him mostly centered around missing field goals by hitting the crossbar and he manages to miss the field goal to win the game by hitting the crossbar twice? It’s kinda ****in hilarious 

Just now, Tyty said:

Couldn’t imagine a more storybook ending for Cody parkey though. So many memes and jokes at him mostly centered around missing field goals by hitting the crossbar and he manages to miss the field goal to win the game by hitting the crossbar twice? It’s kinda ****in hilarious 

I'd be laughing if I couldn't stop brooding

9 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Dont forget that the Bears are likely to lose Vic Fangio, and might lose Amos, Howard and more to free agency.

I think you are safe with fangio. I do think you'll lose Amos, but if you lose Howard I think it's mostly because your own staff made that decision. Not like he's getting s huge deal somewhere

Just now, Tyty said:

I would agree, so apropos....The guy is a turd, will never be let back into Chicago as a Bear, if for nothing else his own safety...

22 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Defense played great, offense and Nagy sucked horribly in the first half (literally no one had a real good first half but comes together in the second), and our kicker is horrendous. McManis played better than expected but was targeted at the end. 

Where the hell was Jackson? Did he even play?

Mitch showed moxy when we got aggressive, especially making huge throws at the end. He put us in a position to win. Needs to be more consistent and get better for next year.

The defense...well, to be honest, for them, the defense didn't play all that great. They did okay. Mack was essentially a non-factor--let's be clear; not what we're paying him for. I don't think Jackson played at all, even though he did suit up. A good game for Mitch...hopefully that helps silence his dullard critics. Nagy made a lot of key mistakes. The biggest was not involving Howard enough, although waiting so long to call a timeout towards the end of the fourth is close. 

10 minutes ago, dafreak said:

Parkey will never kick for the Bears again. Nagy was way too conservative in the 1st half.

I don't think you can clearly say "too conservative" when Howard should have gotten the ball A LOT more. 

3 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

They shouldn't lose Howard, as he's still under contract. Hopefully they can keep Amos, but we'll see. Fangio...who knows. A more aggressive coach might do the unit good, though. 

Archived