Brent Grimes admits to not wanting to play because of how he was being used

warfelg

I don't see how you could view this from any angle and agree with him. So you're being underpaid, why wouldn't you still ball out then demand a higher contract come negotiation time? Instead you basically quit on your team because your responsibilities were too much for what they were paying you? That's pathetic.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I know this is a pile-on session, but you guys might want to look things up before coming in guns blazing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401030805

Grimes played against the Steelers, and if he did shadow Antonio Brown, he did a decent job (6 catches for 50 yards and a TD). It sounds to me like Grimes is griping about being underpaid (from his perspective).

Good point.

He may have a good point about being paid below market value for a top #1 corner (IDK if he is this or not) and if that's true he has to prove his worth and then he can holdout for a new deal. If it isn't true he needs to stop whining because backups have to cover AB sometimes, and if he is refusing to play or play hard during games, he should be benched/cut.

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't see how you could view this from any angle and agree with him. So you're being underpaid, why wouldn't you still ball out then demand a higher contract come negotiation time? Instead you basically quit on your team because your responsibilities were too much for what they were paying you? That's pathetic.

No, he admits to being unhappy. If he played, he didn't quit on his team, basically or otherwise.

5 hours ago, Malik said:

Absolutely not. If HE believes that's what it is there's no reason to play for something that's half of that though. He's mad enough money where he can make philosophical stands.

I believe I should be paid 100k, therefore I will quit my 60k job. That'll teach em.

Ya know... I don't hate it. I wouldn't say it publicly but wtf is the coaching staff thinking trying to make a 35 year old average CB shadow elite WRs lol.

If your boss comes up to you and says, "Hey, I need you to do all this stuff you're not qualified to do this week. And btw, if you make me look bad, I might fire you." Am I a bad person if I respond, "Not only am in incapable of doing that, you're not paying me to do that. You want me to look like a fool to the company without the benefit of extra compensation? I think I'll continue doing what I'm paid for."

EDIT: Let me clarify that I'm not a fan of Brent Grimes. But I don't think this is as absurd as you guys are making it out to be.

17 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Ya know... I don't hate it. I wouldn't say it publicly but wtf is the coaching staff thinking trying to make a 35 year old average CB shadow elite WRs lol.

If your boss comes up to you and says, "Hey, I need you to do all this stuff you're not qualified to do this week. And btw, if you make me look bad, I might fire you." Am I a bad person if I respond, "Not only am in incapable of doing that, you're not paying me to do that. You want me to look like a fool to the company without the benefit of extra compensation? I think I'll continue doing what I'm paid for."

EDIT: Let me clarify that I'm not a fan of Brent Grimes. But I don't think this is as absurd as you guys are making it out to be.

I hope the Eagles corners dont catch on that were paying them peanuts to cover #1 receivers

22 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

He’s a vet and the 22nd highest paid corner in the league this past season (if I counted right, there’s a lot of rows lol)

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/2018/ 

If he’s not qualified to cover a receiver, who is??

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

No, he admits to being unhappy. If he played, he didn't quit on his team, basically or otherwise.

well thats just wrong. you can be on the field "playing" and still quit on your team. you can have the laat say on this too, i know you feel thats important.

Archived