Who's better right now: Dallas Cowboys or Indianapolis Colts?

mdonnelly21

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who's a better team right now?

15 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dude, you just got a close up of us beating your team. If the Colts are so much better its "not even close", then you Seahawks must be straight garbage. PS - since the trade:

syug0ba15g821.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

10th in rating @ 103

5th in completion

7th in yards

Yeah this is why using aggregated, all-season stats are useless. Dak still has his flaws, but the notion that Dallas is the worst playoff team is ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Riftty said:

Omg I thought the same thing!

I now have a image in my head of that Star Wars scene of the Ewoks taking down that At-At. Except for the Rams logo on the At-At and all the Ewoks wearing Cowboys jerseys. 

For a revision to all the Haters. The Ewoks won the war!

8 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

Who what? Who is talented on the Cowboys?

Zeke, Cooper, Gallup, Tyron Smith, Zack Martin, Frederick (when he returns from his disease), Lawrence, Gregory, Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Bryon Jones, Jourdan Lewis, Awuzie.

Dak is definitely a stilted QB, but as much as he can hold them back, he's not incompetent.

Right, okay, this is all very reasonable and true

8 hours ago, NFLExpert49 said:

They have the most talented roster in football, and they're young as can be. I know this is not what Eagles fans want to hear, but they're set up to be the next dynasty now that New England is fading. 

.....oh

Well let's see, the Colts are league's better than the Cowboys offensively so we don't need to even go there. So let's take a look at the defenses...

For as much hype as Dallas' defense gets, Indy's defense is basically on par with them.

Points Allowed/g - Dallas: 20.3 Indy: 21.5

Rush yds/g - Dallas: 94.6 Indy: 101.6

Rush yds/a - Dalls: 3.8 Indy: 3.9

Pass yds/g - Dallas: 235 Indy: 238

Pass yds/a - Dallas: 7.4 Indy: 7.4

Turnovers Forced - Dallas: 20 Indy: 26

Sacks - Dallas: 39 Indy: 38

Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD's only) - Dallas: 51.92% Indy: 53.33%

Opponent Third Down Conversion Percentage - Dallas: 40.65% Indy: 39.91%

The Colts are easily the better offensive team, and with every other defensive metric being basically equal besides Indy forcing 6 more turnovers, I'll take their defense too.

Like others have already said, this really isn't even close.

It's a good thing for the rest of the league that Andrew Luck is not a Cowboy. Or reversing it, that the OL / defense from the 'boys does not play for Indy.

Who's better? I'm going Indy for winning convincingly on the road but only slightly. The Texans aren't really as good as they often look and Seattle definitely is. More after we see how this weekend shakes out.

your team is only as good as your weakest link and their weakest link is Dak.. As long as Dak is the QB, they will always be beatable. Also I've noticed the Dallas defense tends to start fast then teams make changes at halftime and the points start to pile up on the scoreboard. 

8 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Easy there cowboy.  Gallup/Gregory/Lewis/Awuzie are fine players but nothing special whatsoever.  Tyron Smith is very good but has not been elite this season.  Frederick is Frederick but it is not fair to count him as part of this 2018 team.

Zeke, Martin, Lawrence, Smith, Vander Esch, and Jones are the only guys you mentioned who truly stand out this season (arguably Cooper as well).  That's a great core to work with but definitely not enough to call them the most talented roster.

Gallup's only a rookie and had a nice rookie season. 

Gregory also has big potential now that he's finally on the field. 

Lewis/Awuzie are major factors in that most teams don't have that kind of quality for complimentary corners. Most teams that have a really good #1 are carrying liabilities with the rest. The Cowboys are 3 deep there with guys who aren't liabilities.

I agree Smith has had somewhat of a down year in pass protection, but his run blocking is still exceptional. 

2 hours ago, eagles18 said:

your team is only as good as your weakest link and their weakest link is Dak.. As long as Dak is the QB, they will always be beatable. Also I've noticed the Dallas defense tends to start fast then teams make changes at halftime and the points start to pile up on the scoreboard. 

Too bad the offense cant make adjustments. Although I have noticed a change last game. They were relying on Zeke more then usual. 

Archived