NFC Wild Card Philadelphia @ Chicago

SBLIII

On the flip side - CHI had a great season but showed their current weakness (besides K).   They can beat any team in the NFL on their best day with that D.  But their O is uneven enough that it can lose games it should win.   

Trubisky made a couple of money throws late but he had major struggles today.   Frankly so did Foles (but that was against the number 1 D on the road so that’s expected).  For CHI to progress it’s about getting better play from Tru.    This year’s learning curve is totally fine for a guy who was a 1-year starter in college and then now year 2 in the NFL and with a new O.  It’s also why the 1.2 pick was questioned as guys with that profile take time.  But he needs to elevate his play next year, 2018’s wasn’t nearly enough if the Bears want to be legit SB contenders.    The 2 statements can coexist.  

Next year the excuses won’t be there - year 2 of a Pace O and now 2 years and playoff experience D’s in his belt.   Still the pieces are all there (but please either more Cohen or a tandem RB who fits the scheme more Pace!).   The future’s really bright for Da Bears.  

Saying this loss was on Mitch is ridiculous. Could he have played better? Sure. But so could have Amos, McManis, Prince, Cohen, Daniels, Gabriel, etc.

The majority of the blame is on Nagy. You have a QB who is practically a rookie playing in his first playoff game with a historically good defense and he decides to put the game in said QB's hands while also giving up on the run.

50 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well since the Kettle decided to call out the Pot?? 👍

Im sorry, did I come in asking for to round up all the haters?

No. That was an Eagles fan.

I know where all my haters are. They are in the Dak thread. 

13 hours ago, Pool said:

You are absolutely correct. In no way, shape, or form did Trubisky do anything to put the Bears in a position to win. Please continue with your spot on, A+, remarkably insightful analysis. 

But in the end the Bears' vaunted defense couldn't stop the Eagles on that last critical drive.  Too many missed tackles allowing Philly to keep moving the chains.

13 hours ago, Pool said:

You are so so so right. Show me a QB who relies on a kicker for a game winning kick and I'll show you a loser!

There have been many good/great QBs who have had to rely on their kicker to make a critical game winning kick.  Your kicker just wasn't good enough.  TBH there just aren't enough good kickers in the league let alone quality QBs.  

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

There have been many good/great QBs who have had to rely on their kicker to make a critical game winning kick.  Your kicker just wasn't good enough.  TBH there just aren't enough good kickers in the league let alone quality QBs.  

Parkey was 3/3 and then had the game winning attempt tipped. What more do you want from a kicker

13 hours ago, Forge said:

He would have gotten the Lion's share if the credit had they won. That's just the way it works when you're the quarterback. 

He did enough to win, as evidenced by the fact that if they hit the fg, they would have won. He had them in the position to win. He could have been better in the first three quarters for sure. Does that mean he should get a share of the blame? Yeah, maybe. I don't think it's a big share though. Some credit has to go to the eagles defense. People tend to tear down rather than award credit on this forum. 

And this is why it is silly to attach wins and loses to the QB.  Football is the ultimate team game.  They get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when they don't.

13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while it wouldve been nice (obviouslsy) to score more points, what throws didnt he make? I was very impressed from where he looked even earlier in the season, the ball looks great coming out of his hand and he was pretty accurate as well. I dont think anyone will say he was perfect but its the laziness of all lazy to say "trubisky only led them to 15 pts, needs to be better". They could easily win with the version of trubisky that played tonight, so yes, it would be haters gonna hate.

He played well but he was lucky he wasn't intercepted a couple of times.  We have to remember he's still rather young.

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:
13 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

while it wouldve been nice (obviouslsy) to score more points, what throws didnt he make? I was very impressed from where he looked even earlier in the season, the ball looks great coming out of his hand and he was pretty accurate as well. I dont think anyone will say he was perfect but its the laziness of all lazy to say "trubisky only led them to 15 pts, needs to be better". They could easily win with the version of trubisky that played tonight, so yes, it would be haters gonna hate.

That FG drive to end the first half he threw 2 picks that were dropped (the Maddox bobble, and whoever the other guy was in the end zone). Both were awful. That drive was also bailed out by that weak hands to the face call. Other than that drive Trubisky did enough to win with that defense

13 hours ago, Pool said:

Hmmm. 16-15 loss to defending SB champs.

31-0 loss to the Lions.

Yup, I'm ok with how our season ended. :D

You had one of more healthy teams this year.  We had so many backups and practice squad players in that last game of the year it reminded me of a preseason game.   I didn't recognize half of the guys out there.  You had a nice season.  It isn't a good look to behave in this manner.  Next season your team might end up with 15 guys on IR and your team could have a similar record in the end.

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

And this is why it is silly to attach wins and loses to the QB.  Football is the ultimate team game.  They get too much credit when things go well and too much blame when they don't.

Exactly, which is why we shouldn't be attaching this loss to Parkey either.

I'll admit it, my  initial reaction when he missed the FG was that he deserved the blame for the loss, but it shouldn't be that way.

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But in the end the Bears' vaunted defense couldn't stop the Eagles on that last critical drive.  Too many missed tackles allowing Philly to keep moving the chains.

Bears had trouble stopping the eagles all game.. the score doesnt really tell how the game went.. Foles threw one pick in the endzone and another on the bears 35 yard line. 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

This is coming from you of all people.

Remember when you were trolling the Saints when they were losing and calling Brees a scrub, saying he's done, etc and then completely disappeared when they came back and won? Then to top it off you ran your mouth about what the Rams were going to do the Bears later than same night and then disappeared again after taking a beating? 

Sit down, clown. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL first of all I was

here.

second of all love the attacks. 

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why the heck does Pederson run Sproles on the goal line?

I was wondering the same thing.  The Eagles couldn't run a lick last night and they were screwing around doing that at that point of the game?  Its a good thing for them they got the TD on 4th down there.

Archived