Around The League V.2

Totty

Titans look very solid. On their way to a 6-5 record, 4-1 with Tannehil who has looked phenomenal, and a Top 8 defense in any statistic measure you wanna use. 

I think the Bills and Titans get those wildcard spots, unfortunately. 

We’ll be something special for years to come though starting next season. 

50 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Titans look very solid. On their way to a 6-5 record, 4-1 with Tannehil who has looked phenomenal, and a Top 8 defense in any statistic measure you wanna use. 

I think the Bills and Titans get those wildcard spots, unfortunately. 

We’ll be something special for years to come though starting next season. 

I just wanna see us play hard and compete in all these games. Today we laid down and died. If we give it 100% and lose out in all close games, I won't be livid. But if we don't keep that momentum and show progression, it will be hard to reconcile, even though I think the future IS bright.

So if you guys are watching the 49ers game. On the kittle TD. Is there something kittle did on his td that Waller cant do. Kittle is a better player. But he didnt do anything special on that play. We have a good running team but how come our play action plays dont pop like that. 

33 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So if you guys are watching the 49ers game. On the kittle TD. Is there something kittle did on his td that Waller cant do. Kittle is a better player. But he didnt do anything special on that play. We have a good running team but how come our play action plays dont pop like that. 

Nope. That play was more it's design than anything. The things that Kittle does that make him arguably the best TE in the game are his blocking and his runs after the catch. There's actually nothing particularly special about his hands, or his route running. They are both fine, of course, but not really what he's known for. He's not a route runner the same way Ertz is, for example. But that play is all about the design. The underneath pattern to pull the low safety in while running the pivot on the long post bank the defender left and unable to get back right with no help from his partner. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nope. That play was more it's design than anything. The things that Kittle does that make him arguably the best TE in the game are his blocking and his runs after the catch. There's actually nothing particularly special about his hands, or his route running. They are both fine, of course, but not really what he's known for. He's not a route runner the same way Ertz is, for example. But that play is all about the design. The underneath pattern to pull the low safety in while running the pivot on the long post bank the defender left and unable to get back right with no help from his partner. 

i agree. The Shanahans-Kubiak have long been some of the best at designing chunk PA plays where the guy is left wide open. So most of the credit goes to Kyle but as you said, Kittle is just special with the ball in his hands. He's a beast i go back and forth on whos the best in the game, Kelce or Kittle.

Frustrating because early in the season it seemed like Gruden make it a focal point to get Waller the ball early and often. That has slowed down considerably.

18 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

i agree. The Shanahans-Kubiak have long been some of the best at designing chunk PA plays where the guy is left wide open. So most of the credit goes to Kyle but as you said, Kittle is just special with the ball in his hands. He's a beast i go back and forth on whos the best in the game, Kelce or Kittle.

Frustrating because early in the season it seemed like Gruden make it a focal point to get Waller the ball early and often. That has slowed down considerably.

A big part of Waller slowing down is because of defenses being aware of him now too. That's why guys like Williams and Renfro are being left open more. Waller has opened it up for others. Unfortunately today, the others didn't make the plays to keep drives going and completely dug us into a hole.

• Like 2