Around The League V.2

Totty

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Long snapper Trent Sieg was cut in Dallas. Interesting as the move to cut him here seems unnecessary. Not sure how you measure long snappers, but interesting to see him cut twice now.

Heard Sieg isn’t a reliable special teams on punt return. Could be the reason he’s getting cut twice in the offseason 

7 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

The reason they likely kept Burnet is because he offers something that none of our other LBs do and that's coverage ability. I think he moved from Safety just a few years ago, so the coaches probably hope he can still develop into a actual LB and learn to take on blockers and all that gritty.

I'm one that believes that physical mentality is something you either have or don't, I can't remember it being developed in any player recently?

Burney may or may not pan out, but he definitely has the edge athleticism-wise. 

Thomas was fun to pull for, but he's probably destined to be a fun preseason Cinderella story. 

It would've been nice to PS him and have him in case of emergency, but he's just not going to carve out a steady role either way. Small LBs aren't going to hold up anymore as OL and RBs keep getting bigger and stronger.

That said, I'd like Burney to put on some size. With TEs becoming more and more trendy and RBs bulking up, I think the days of the extra big SS types playing LB are going to start waning soon. Coverage and speed have been the trend over the last few years, but I think it's gonna start heading in another direction over the next couple of years. Too many big freak TEs and RBs for 6'1 220-225 lb type LBs to effectively counter. 

In a twist, I think smaller, quicker Edge rushers and IDL are going to trend upwards too. It's fun watching positions evolve, no doubt. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Burney may or may not pan out, but he definitely has the edge athleticism-wise. 

Thomas was fun to pull for, but he's probably destined to be a fun preseason Cinderella story. 

It would've been nice to PS him and have him in case of emergency, but he's just not going to carve out a steady role either way. Small LBs aren't going to hold up anymore as OL and RBs keep getting bigger and stronger.

That said, I'd like Burney to put on some size. With TEs becoming more and more trendy and RBs bulking up, I think the days of the extra big SS types playing LB are going to start waning soon. Coverage and speed have been the trend over the last few years, but I think it's gonna start heading in another direction over the next couple of years. Too many big freak TEs and RBs for 6'1 220-225 lb type LBs to effectively counter. 

In a twist, I think smaller, quicker Edge rushers and IDL are going to trend upwards too. It's fun watching positions evolve, no doubt. 

Drake is a better player right now, but Burney is better prospect. He’s raw, but he has good size and flashed range. He should help on special teams with a ceiling to be more. Drake looked good against the backups but ceiling seems limited. He might surprised and emerge into a starter, but it’s hard to project if playing against backups would carry over against more talented players. I prolly would have kept Drake, but I understand the logic and wanting to develop Burney. I also would have kept both and cut Bolton. Bolton offers nothing as a Lb but good special Teamer, but Drake played good on special teams. He could have took his role 

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Jakorian Bennett  is now wear 0.

Has nicknamed himself Sub-Zero

You can’t nickname yourself………That is something a 7 year old might do 😬

Hopefully someone on the team comes up with a proper nickname for him and takes the pi$$ out of this 😁

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You can’t nickname yourself………That is something a 7 year old might do 😬

Hopefully someone on the team comes up with a proper nickname for him and takes the pi$$ out of this 😁

In fairness someone asked him, he had to think about it then came up with it. If he locking guys down I'll be happy to call him Sub-Zero

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

In fairness someone asked him, he had to think about it then came up with it. If he locking guys down I'll be happy to call him Sub-Zero

Ah, that’s a bit different then! Thought that was odd 😁

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Why anybody would do business with this clown is beyond me.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38115632/antonio-brown-albany-empire-champions-defunct

If I was a player I would invite him to practice and let him run some crossing routes without a helmet.  Once he is down I would walk off the field and not come back until I got my paychecks.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Why anybody would do business with this clown is beyond me.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38115632/antonio-brown-albany-empire-champions-defunct

The guys an absolute joke.

I use to love his dad… Eddie brown was the best arena player back in the 90s.  I remember going to a Hartford Wolfpack vs Albany Firebirds.  

On 9/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, Geezy said:

Travis Hunter is going to be a top 5 pick whenever he decides to come out. Dude is insane. 

I had to watch that goal line pick 3x before it made sense to me…. Like how did he do that?  And oh yeah he’s playing offense and going over 10/100.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I had to watch that goal line pick 3x before it made sense to me…. Like how did he do that?  And oh yeah he’s playing offense and going over 10/100.

Guarded two players and came up with a pick. The amount of ground he covered on top of seeing it develop and making the play was insane. Kid is special.