Around The League V.2

Totty

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Sirianni reportedly coaching for his job on Wildcard weekend. Things must be worse behind the scenes if firing a coach one season removed from a Super appearance

Brought this up in NFLGen yesterday when talking about "a team that hasn't fired their HC yet being linked to Belichick". 

I don't think he winds up in Philadelphia, but I think the logic that they're potentially that team and Sirianni is on a hot seat holds muster. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pats going to regret that hire. They saw Belichick's assistants fail every opportunity they've got and decided to hire one? 

Team needed a refresh and new ideas, instead they are getting Belichick-lite. Except he's never called plays, just started coaching in 2019 and has only worked in the Pats organization. This is not going to end well.

Kraft had no choice. Was in Mayo’s contract he’s Bill’s successor.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Pats going to regret that hire. They saw Belichick's assistants fail every opportunity they've got and decided to hire one? 

Team needed a refresh and new ideas, instead they are getting Belichick-lite. Except he's never called plays, just started coaching in 2019 and has only worked in the Pats organization. This is not going to end well.

Good. The most spoiled fanbase in the NFL have shown their true colors this past couple of years. I hope their team have a 20 years as bad as we’ve just had.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Good. The most spoiled fanbase in the NFL have shown their true colors this past couple of years. I hope their team have a 20 years as bad as we’ve just had.

My cousin messaged me recently and asked "If BB did come to coach the Raiders, and Brady took on an advisory role as he took over minority ownership....and we ended up winning a Superbowl, would all be forgiven?" 

I've been so bitter for so long I have a hard time answering that. I've just grown to hate the Patriots. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

My cousin messaged me recently and asked "If BB did come to coach the Raiders, and Brady took on an advisory role as he took over minority ownership....and we ended up winning a Superbowl, would all be forgiven?" 

I've been so bitter for so long I have a hard time answering that. I've just grown to hate the Patriots. 

I’d want Belichik to apologize during his introductory press conference for being such a piece of crap. And admit it was a fumble. I’d want him to apologize to several Raiders players for the tuck rule. Then resign in disgrace because he should be so disgusted with himself for cheating every time he had the chance.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about us signing him to be our HC.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NickButera said:

I hated Brady for a long time, then just grew to completely respect his greatness and happy to live in this era to see it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

I’d want Belichik to apologize during his introductory press conference for being such a piece of crap. And admit it was a fumble. I’d want him to apologize to several Raiders players for the tuck rule. Then resign in disgrace because he should be so disgusted with himself for cheating every time he had the chance.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about us signing him to be our HC.

Hard to be a Raider fan and be against cheating. It was literally an Al Davis mantra. Al would have hired Belichick immediately if we're being honest.

• Like 1

We need to trade up for Caleb. He doesn’t want to be in Chicago. Las Vegas is a prime location for a star QB! We need to take that gamble, we are Vegas! 

Trade

2024 1st , 2024 2nd 

2025 1st , 2025 2nd 

2026 1st, 2026 3rd 

for 

Caleb Williams and 2026 2nd 

QB: Caleb 

RB: Zeus 

WR: Tae, Meyers, Tucker 

TE: Mayer 

T: Miller, Elu 

G: two free agents 

Center: Parham 

DE: Maxx, Koonce, Wilson 

DT: free agent, Free agent 

LB: Spillane, Deablo, free agent 

CB: Jones, free agent, Hobbs 

S: Moehrig, Epps 

trade for Caleb and add free agent guards x2, Dts x2, CB, LB

team is young and talented. 
only old starters in next 3 years: Tae, JE

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need to trade up for Caleb. He doesn’t want to be in Chicago. Las Vegas is a prime location for a star QB! We need to take that gamble, we are Vegas! 

Trade

2024 1st , 2024 2nd 

2025 1st , 2025 2nd 

2026 1st, 2026 3rd 

for 

Caleb Williams and 2026 2nd 

QB: Caleb 

RB: Zeus 

WR: Tae, Meyers, Tucker 

TE: Mayer 

T: Miller, Elu 

G: two free agents 

Center: Parham 

DE: Maxx, Koonce, Wilson 

DT: free agent, Free agent 

LB: Spillane, Deablo, free agent 

CB: Jones, free agent, Hobbs 

S: Moehrig, Epps 

trade for Caleb and add free agent guards x2, Dts x2, CB, LB

team is young and talented. 
only old starters in next 3 years: Tae, JE

No way would I ever give up 3 firsts for anyone. Especially an unproven guess like a QB prospect. If a QB doesn't pan out you have a general idea after 2 years. Trading 3 firsts sets you back into the 4th year of having another chance at a QB prospect.

No way. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I hated Brady for a long time, then just grew to completely respect his greatness and happy to live in this era to see it. 

The more I chewed on it, the more I thought.....I'd forgive them, mostly. It would be slight redemption for what they did. Wining a Superbowl is everything. 

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

The more I chewed on it, the more I thought.....I'd forgive them, mostly. It would be slight redemption for what they did. Wining a Superbowl is everything. 

I don't blame them for the tuck rule. That was the NFL's rule at the time, albeit ridiculous. 

The Raiders had a 3 point lead, couldn't stop them. Then didn't help themselves defensively in OT missing tackles that sat up the Pats for a FG to win it. 

And, no guarantee they beat the Steelers or Rams to close it out. 

• Like 1

If I was the Bears I would trade the 1st pick for a future 1st and #2. Commanders draft hometown boy in Caleb Williams. Then I would trade the #2 pick for another future 1st to the pats so they draft Drake Maye. At 3 I would draft Marvin Harrison Jr. aT 13 I would draft the best edge unless a tackle falls. 

Then the Bears would have Fields, solid 1-2 punch in Herbert/Roschon, MHJ, DJ Moore on offense on defense Sweat and Verse on the edge and they are already good stuffing the run. Add in two future 1st and the future is bright for the bears 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I don't blame them for the tuck rule. That was the NFL's rule at the time, albeit ridiculous. 

The Raiders had a 3 point lead, couldn't stop them. Then didn't help themselves defensively in OT missing tackles that sat up the Pats for a FG to win it. 

And, no guarantee they beat the Steelers or Rams to close it out. 

Yeh, I know it’s a contentious point, but the Pats didn’t ref the game and even after the ‘tuck rule’ we still had chances to win it.

I’m frustrated by the game but don’t hold it against the opposition team. I’m more probably angered by the Super Bowl loss to the Buccs, I was convinced we were going to win that game and Gannon had the nightmare of all nightmares at QB in his biggest game, he really crapped the bed. I just don’t know why he didn’t just keep audibling to run against the Buccs lightweight but fast D……….😞

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I know it’s a contentious point, but the Pats didn’t ref the game and even after the ‘tuck rule’ we still had chances to win it.

I’m frustrated by the game but don’t hold it against the opposition team. I’m more probably angered by the Super Bowl loss to the Buccs, I was convinced we were going to win that game and Gannon had the nightmare of all nightmares at QB in his biggest game, he really crapped the bed. I just don’t know why he didn’t just keep audibling to run against the Buccs lightweight but fast D……….😞

And Barrett Robin's had his melt down in Mexico