Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The Texans paid Murray, a back up S for Cle, 6M/Y while we paid Randall, a starter for Cle, 3.25M max. They're totally clueless at this point.

BOB is in full Chip Kelly mode, trying to deplete the roster before he gets the boot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

BOB is in full Chip Kelly mode, trying to deplete the roster before he gets the boot.

Hue Jackson/Josh McDaniels mode too. HC/GM doesn't work. Thankfully, Mayock is around to knock some sense into Gruden.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

The Texans paid Murray, a back up S for Cle, 6M/Y while we paid Randall, a starter for Cle, 3.25M max. They're totally clueless at this point.

Apparently we only have a cap hit of 1.5-2.1M with incentives to reach 3.25.   What a bargain!

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

GM and HC should never be the same, only exception I’ve seen is Bellichick. 

It’s only works there cuz he’s ultra-conservative and cut throat... he’ll trade a star player if need be and knows he can still win with less 

plus his job is very secure... most coaches+GM’s or coaches with pull are too concerned with win now for their job security and thus are near sighted 

Edited by jimkelly02

On 4/10/2020 at 11:32 AM, oakdb36 said:

Hue Jackson/Josh McDaniels mode too. HC/GM doesn't work. Thankfully, Mayock is around to knock some sense into Gruden.

This reminded me of a statement Mayock made after last year's draft.  When they kept trading back in the second and ended up with Trayvon Mullen.  Mayock was saying Gruden kept looking at him like he was crazy and just wanted to hurry up and pull the trigger on getting Mullen with their original second round pick.  Mayock said he knew he would be able to trade back and still get his guy.  We ended up getting two late round picks while trading back like that.  Really happy to have Mayock pulling the trigger during the draft.  

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/raiders-trade-back-twice-get-cornerback-and-extra-picks/157786/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

This reminded me of a statement Mayock made after last year's draft.  When they kept trading back in the second and ended up with Trayvon Mullen.  Mayock was saying Gruden kept looking at him like he was crazy and just wanted to hurry up and pull the trigger on getting Mullen with their original second round pick.  Mayock said he knew he would be able to trade back and still get his guy.  We ended up getting two late round picks while trading back like that.  Really happy to have Mayock pulling the trigger during the draft.  

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/raiders-trade-back-twice-get-cornerback-and-extra-picks/157786/

What’s crazy about Mayocks stone cold trigger finger is Sean Murphy-Bunting went a pick before we took Mullen.  Mayock knew they’d prefer a zone CB.  He traded down after Byron Murphy and Rock Ya-Sin got picked.  We went 35 to 38 to 40.

in the 2 trades we traded 35, 140, 235 for 40, 109, 158.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

What’s crazy about Mayocks stone cold trigger finger is Sean Murphy-Bunting went a pick before we took Mullen.  Mayock knew they’d prefer a zone CB.  He traded down after Byron Murphy and Rock Ya-Sin got picked.  We went 35 to 38 to 40.

in the 2 trades we traded 35, 140, 235 for 40, 109, 158.

Looking back at that draft Mayock looked like me when I do a simulation on PFN.  I love that he is that active and always looking to gain value.  He is a true draft geek and it is great.