Around The League V.2

Totty

15 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Only matter of time. May be one of the biggest trades the league has seen sans Williams and Walker trades.

Just do it Gruden. Carr and some picks and do it. Be bold. Watson is everything you ever wanted in a QB. 

The league needs Mahomes vs Watson twice a year. Take the offense to another level and just win baby!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Just do it Gruden. Carr and some picks and do it. Be bold. Watson is everything you ever wanted in a QB. 

The league needs Mahomes vs Watson twice a year. Take the offense to another level and just win baby!

Mayock loves Clemson players, time to actually get one that's good at football. Carr, #17, #48, and our 2022 1st round pick. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayock loves Clemson players, time to actually get one that's good at football. Carr, #17, #48, and our 2022 1st round pick. 

If that is the case and I can't argue against it... 

-Bradley gets a pass for a little while on defense since draft capital was spent (We all know we are going defense heavy this year)

-Does Houston want another Carr?  I know they're not the same... but stigma is a thing.

-Does our offense NEED Watson?  Or is this excessive.  

7 minutes ago, Totty said:

-Does our offense NEED Watson?  Or is this excessive.  

Watson put up 4,823 yards and 33 TD while being the 2nd most sacked QB in the league with the 31st best running game in the league. Imagine him in our offense, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. 

200.gif

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Watson put up 4,823 yards and 33 TD while being the 2nd most sacked QB in the league with the 31st best running game in the league. Imagine him in our offense, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. 

200.gif

Carr threw for 700 less yards and 6 less touchdowns.  Is that worth 2 first and a second? 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yes. Watson is a top 5 QB and put up elite numbers with limited help around him, he's a transcendent type talent. 

I'm not arguing.  Just playing devils advocate.  Idk if I'd do it.  But I'm not saying I wouldn't.  A true conundrum. 

Just now, Totty said:

I'm not arguing.  Just playing devils advocate.  Idk if I'd do it.  But I'm not saying I wouldn't.  A true conundrum. 

Watson's crazy cap number in upcoming seasons also throws a pickle in things too, because we'd be giving up all of our draft capital and cap flexibility that could be used to improve the defense.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Watson's crazy cap number in upcoming seasons also throws a pickle in things too, because we'd be giving up all of our draft capital and cap flexibility that could be used to improve the defense.

That's kind of my point..  

Scenario A: trade for Watson, defense gets little help.  Is he enough to create gains with terrible defense? 

Scenario B: keep Carr, build defense, not have to rely on 35 PPG to win?