Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him in a top 10 list. After the few elite QBs, it's a bunch of guys in the same tier. Tannehill, Stafford, Cousins, Carr (and probably a few more i'm forgetting right now) are all in there, imo.

I think he's currently in the 12-15 range.  But I'm sure after this season he might shoot up.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The salary cap is a myth. Teams always keep the players they want. 

Brees will retire. They restructure Lattimore and Ramczyk. Cut Jenkins, Alexander, Sanders, Easton and a couple others. They'll loose Hendrickson and WIlliams to FA, but get back draft compensation.

All their star talent stays in tack. Same coaching staff. I don't see how their windows closed. 

That's losing roughly 8 players plus Brees.  That's a lot of turnover.

There are not 12 better QBs than Stafford. This has been a long time coming. He's one of the best QBs with one of the worst franchises. If he were anywhere else, you'd say he's a top 10 talent. 

He'll be a top 5-7 passer next year.

We'll see.

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It is, but as long as the stars are still in place you fill in the gaps. They have A talent on every level and a lot of young player ascending. 

We'll see.  Only time will tell.  

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There are not 12 better QBs than Stafford. This has been a long time coming. He's one of the best QBs with one of the worst franchises. If he were anywhere else, you'd say he's a top 10 talent. 

He'll be a top 5-7 passer next year.

Pat McAfee said it best, for the Rams it isn't about winning the trade, it's about winning the Super Bowl. 

It is, but as long as the stars are still in place you fill in the gaps. They have A talent on every level and a lot of young player ascending. 

yup, average plays look good with Great players next to them. 
if youre entire D is average players, it will be a below average to a bad D though, IMO.
Most of our players on our D are average id say, but we just have no impact players. 

You need impact players

I do think the stafford trade was great. Sean mcvay is a great coach and you need a vertical passer to truly unlock his system. His run plays will work way better if you have a passer who can let it rip deep or over the middle.

Stafford is a great talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 passer this year.

He needs some stability though. I'd put him on the upper end of the better than average guys. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I do think the stafford trade was great. Sean mcvay is a great coach and you need a vertical passer to truly unlock his system. His run plays will work way better if you have a passer who can let it rip deep or over the middle.

Stafford is a great talent. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 passer this year.

He needs some stability though. I'd put him on the upper end of the better than average guys. 

I do not follow the Lions but if you look back at 2011 it was the Stafford and CJ show.  I could see him blowing up like that again with the Rams.

• Like 1