Around The League V.2

Totty

53 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I would doubt the Raiders would bring in another Brown-like personality. An interesting option would be trading for Corey Davis. Two games in and it seems like he's an afterthought in the Titans' offense.

Would love to get Corey Davis. What wonder what it would costs. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is bothering me. Ramsey is nothing like that human trash. He's just a ish talker playing for a terrible head coach. Outside being cocky, the guy has no real issues. 

Comparing anyone to AB is ludicrous. Even TO wasn't on his level of pure entitled trash

He is Brown-like in the sense that he does seem entitled to special treatment and could isolate himself from the rest of the team with how he sees himself. I wouldn't be outright against the move but I would certainly be surprised considering what the team just went through.

39 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Would love to get Corey Davis. What wonder what it would costs. 

I wouldn't feel comfortable splitting with anything earlier than a 4th. Maybe two 4ths (2020, 2021). I liked Davis as a prospect but he just doesn't look explosive and he isn't savvy enough--like Thomas, Allen, and Hopkins--to make up for it.

That said, I think he'd work well with Carr and in this offense as an underneath guy with good size.

• Like 1

Bears first-round pick plus Conley and give Ramsey a new contract hes only 24 years old. Not even in his prime and already the best CB in the game. Raiders have the cap space and happen to be a team he would like to play for. Maybe that's only because they're moving to Vegas. But if you can get Ramsey you do it. plus you do have the cap space to go get a DE in FA.

The only reason why I could see the Raiders not doing this and I hate to bring this up cause were only two weeks into the season is if Carr is not the QB for Gruden and that Bears pick could be used to get one.

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I wouldn't feel comfortable splitting with anything earlier than a 4th. Maybe two 4ths (2020, 2021). I liked Davis as a prospect but he just doesn't look explosive and he isn't savvy enough--like Thomas, Allen, and Hopkins--to make up for it.

That said, I think he'd work well with Carr and in this offense as an underneath guy with good size.

We need a great route runner who can get open. And when he does we need Carr to see him don’t see that in Davis 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

What does the WR FA market look like next year? 

I’ve never been convinced Renfrow is more than depth, JJ is a pure gadget guy, and Grant sucks. Doss is a long shot as is Ateman. 

We probably need to pair two guys with Tyrell to have a dominant pass game. 

EDIT: AJ Green and Robby Anderson are the top two. 

Wow, I know Green has injury history but he’s always been right there with AB, Hopkins, and Julio as the best when healthy. I think he’s even better than Julio when healthy. 

Edited by BayRaider

If a talent like Ramsey is available, I would hope we make a call. Best CB in the league in my opinion. If I'm Gruden and Mayock, I dont let what happen with AB discourage me from going after Ramsey. 

Yes, hes a loudmouth and can rub folks the wrong way, but those comparing him to Brown are way off base and just like to lump guys together. He's more like a mini Richard Sherman, very outspoken CB who was a leader on defense for a very successful team. 

We are in the division with the best QB in the league for the next 10+ years. Need to start building our team to compete with KC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If a talent like Ramsey is available, I would hope we make a call. Best CB in the league in my opinion. If I'm Gruden and Mayock, I dont let what happen with AB discourage me from going after Ramsey. 

Yes, hes a loudmouth and can rub folks the wrong way, but those comparing him to Brown are way off base and just like to lump guys together. He's more like a mini Richard Sherman, very outspoken CB who was a leader on defense for a very successful team. 

We are in the division with the best QB in the league for the next 10+ years. Need to start building our team to compete with KC.

Yes but I think WR and EDGE are much much bigger needs than CB is the thing. Not to mention we may have a QB controversy if we pick Top 5. 

Conley and Mullen have huge potential and we can use 1sts on WR and EDGE. 

If AB worked out, I’d probably give the Jags the Bears 1st and our 4th for Ramsey. But with AB gone, we have a glaring need at WR. It’s a Bottom 2 WR core in the league. 

• Like 1

I hate Ramsey tbh. He's cocky, and me first. And if we acquired him and kept racking up L's he would be a problem, no doubt in my mind. Not worth it considering the investments we made at CB already. He's still already likely better than Mullens or Conley will ever be but I feel the risk is too big. I recognize the main issue he takes exception with is the staff in Jacksonville, but how do we know he wouldn't do the same thing here? Gruden clearly won't control big personalities. Even Lynch had free reign, though he is definitely different than AB.

• Like 3

Anyone else have any interest in CJ Anderson?  He seems to produce well with decent O-lines.

Obviously not starter, but I feel like he'd be good for 7 or 8 carries a game to keep Jacobs from having an absurd amount. Washington and Richard are too similar for me, and neither are particularly eye catching at this point. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

What does the WR FA market look like next year? 

I’ve never been convinced Renfrow is more than depth, JJ is a pure gadget guy, and Grant sucks. Doss is a long shot as is Ateman. 

We probably need to pair two guys with Tyrell to have a dominant pass game. 

EDIT: AJ Green and Robby Anderson are the top two. 

Wow, I know Green has injury history but he’s always been right there with AB, Hopkins, and Julio as the best when healthy. I think he’s even better than Julio when healthy. 

Aj green injury history is concerning all lower leg injuries iirc + age he could fall of the cliff as early as next year.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Anyone else have any interest in CJ Anderson?  He seems to produce well with decent O-lines.

Obviously not starter, but I feel like he'd be good for 7 or 8 carries a game to keep Jacobs from having an absurd amount. Washington and Richard are too similar for me, and neither are particularly eye catching at this point. 

Thoughts?

With the way Richard and Washington have played so far, we should be interested.